Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is wrapping christmas presents so difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming

Hell... I would just find a bigger square box, put the funny size box in it, and wrap the bigger box
    Unacceptable, Mister "Ooo, lookie at me I can wrap presents like a Superstar" Ming.

I want gazillions of crevasses, several feet of tape, and yards of wrapping paper used!
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'm a stud... any size... shape... doesn't matter.
      creative edits

teh ghey Ming

he's on the "down low"

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

According to one poll only 30% of the US population prefer to receive presents. A whopping 39% are dreaming of cold hard cash and 19% favor gift certificates. That remaining 12% must be Grinches.

Have you tried using gift bags? All you do is pop the present in, cover it with tissue paper, then tie the handles together, et voila! You're done!

Your inability to wrap presents could reflect deep seated hostilities towards the recipients, or an over indulgence of alcohol or recreational substances.
        Last edited by Dr Strangelove; December 25, 2005, 12:01.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Have you tried using gift bags? All you do is pop the present in, cover it with tissue paper, then tie the handles together, et voila! You're done!
          My preferred gift packaging method

(you should see how awful I am at wrapping presents)
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

With the popularity of gift checks and cards, it can't be long before American gift giving follows the Asian method - cash in red envelopes.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Gift bags are nice but imagine if Ming was to use gift bags for his 120 gifts? At around 2.50 to 3.50 per bag
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

At around 2.50 to 3.50 per bag

?!
                that's terribly expensive!!
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                  At around 2.50 to 3.50 per bag

?!
                  that's terribly expensive!!
                  not for Ming
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I have terrible fine motor control, everything I make with my hands looks like an example of what not to do. Thankfully I have a girlfriend who is good at wrapping and likes to do it. This year I fixed her computer for her wrapping my gifts.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Nice trade-off, Sikander!

Az - yeah I know. Anything cheaper and it's basically a supermarket brown bag.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

That's ****ing ridiculous. I think there is plenty of money in this.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

plastic bags in US - $2.50
                          plastic bags in Helsinki supermarkets - 0.20 e
                          I smell a business opportunity

Comment

It's not a simple plastic bag. it's crap like this:
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'm a gift wrapping stud... any size... shape... doesn't matter. I've just finished wrapping over 120 gifts today.

Bows, ribbons... the whole deal. It's amazing how fast you can go when you have a deadline hanging over your head
                              120 gifts!

are you ****tin' me? What are you, a millionaire? . With that many gifts, you wouldn't mind getting one more, woudld you? I could always use another one.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                                Wrapping a box is easy. First cut six rectangles of paper, each equivalent to a side on the box. Then tape each piece to its corresponding size.
                                , I think I'll do that next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X