Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is wrapping christmas presents so difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is wrapping christmas presents so difficult?

You put a screwdriver or a wrench in my hands, and I'm fairly dextrous. But with wrapping paper and scotch tape, and I'm a total klutz. It's so difficult to make it look nice and neat.

I hope my family doesn't think I love them less because my wrapped presents look like ****. .

If I can't wrap a box (or something close enough) this iswhat I do

wrap up the sides, like normal (ignore top and bottom)

bunch up the excess wrapping paper around the tops and bottoms, and twist it (without breaking it!)

If you do it right, it should look like a giant tootsie roll (still in wrapper). Then, just tape around the twists until they stick.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Because Dis loses at Christmas.
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I'm a gift wrapping stud... any size... shape... doesn't matter. I've just finished wrapping over 120 gifts today.

Bows, ribbons... the whole deal. It's amazing how fast you can go when you have a deadline hanging over your head
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Next time, just buy gift vouchers

Comment

I did buy a lot of gift certificates... but then I have to wrap them so they don't look like gift certificates
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Wrapping a box is easy. First cut six rectangles of paper, each equivalent to a side on the box. Then tape each piece to its corresponding size.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That's just wrong and lazy, DaShi.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  I'm a gift wrapping stud... any size... shape... doesn't matter. I've just finished wrapping over 120 gifts today.

Bows, ribbons... the whole deal. It's amazing how fast you can go when you have a deadline hanging over your head
                  Wrap me a box shaped like a spiked rhombicosidodecahedron with pyramids on pentagonal faces, then brag to us about your wrapping skills...

And something resembling a ball with a bow stuck on it is not acceptable. I want gazillions of crevasses, several feet of tape, and yards of wrapping paper used!
                  Last edited by DRoseDARs; December 25, 2005, 01:15.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                    That's just wrong and lazy, DaShi.
                    Better than covering the box in paste or glue and throwing scraps of paper on it. People seem to really hate that one.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Wrap me a box shaped like a spiked rhombicosidodecahedron with pyramids on pentagonal faces, then brag to us about your wrapping skills...
                      That kind of monster is why God gave sacks to mankind...
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I gave my brother a new shirt, but I packaged it in my Xbox 360 box and wrapped that. Padded it with towels, too.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

An alternative to wrapping that is much quicker and easier is using gift bags and tissue paper

Comment

I gave my brother a new shirt, but I packaged it in my Xbox 360 box and wrapped that. Padded it with towels, too.

"An XBox?! wow, thanks d00d."
                            "umm,no, actually, it's just a new shirt"
                            ":/"
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                              Hell... I would just find a bigger square box, put the funny size box in it, and wrap the bigger box
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X