It's a boy [Off topic]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a boy [Off topic]

My first grandchild was born at around 10.30 last night. He weighed in at just over 7 lbs. Mother and son are doing well. I wonder which version of civ we will be on when he starts playing.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Many congratulations - advise that you leave country promptly

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Excellent news, but this "early landing" means you must buy one more Christmas present.

Comment

Thanks.

I think we live far enough away that we can avoid baby sitting so I may be able to stay in the country for a short while. And well yes, it does mean another Christmas and birthday present, but at least for a year or two, there will be someone I can beat at Trivial Pursuit.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Congrats!
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
            Congrats!
            What CanalMan said!!

Remember the heart-warming, heart-expanding moments when it was your baby growing up?? Be prepared for many old, buried memories to come back. Just enjoy.

Monk
            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

This one's going to be easy to remember the birthday, even as you enter your dotage. Poor kids gonna grumble about getting all his gifts for the year in one week...

As to your question, there is only one answer - Civ II!

Comment

Once again, thanks.

As to birthdays, that close to Christmas is a real bummer. Perhaps he should emulate someone else and have an official birthday in June. However, the young fellow doesn't even have a name yet so we'll worry about a date to celebrate his birthday a bit later.

Elephant - I suppose I meant which version will the unelightened be playing

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Re: It's a boy [Off topic]

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
                  My first grandchild was born at around 10.30 last night. He weighed in at just over 7 lbs. Mother and son are doing well. I wonder which version of civ we will be on when he starts playing.

RJM at Sleeper's
                  Congrats!

And we'll probably still be playing Civ II...
                  Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                  Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                  POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                  LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

You might suggest that to the proud parents - it's my brat's, SG{3}, 20th today and we have found that cards on the b'day and presents on the 'official' have worked very well.

Stu
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Thanks, Cyrion

As to birthday celebration, his parents seem to have had the same idea. The present wheeze is to "borrow" my birthday for a celebration.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Congratulations, RJM!!! No hurry to name the little guy, but maybe you could reserve a great Apolyton screen name for him, and a spot in our next PBEM.

Comment

Ahh -- a fellow granther.

I've always said that children are fun at every age ( I've also said that they prvide different challenges with every age) -- but so far the grandlings are nothing but fun.

Please pass my congrats to the parents, and for you, smile & enjoy.
                          Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Congratulations RJM!

Be sure and spoil the little guy

StuporMan
                            Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
                            Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Thanks, all.

We went to see him on Boxing Day and his name is officially Cormac. I tried to discuss the merits of literacy versus currency as an early tech, but he seemed more interested in other things. That's the trouble with young people today.

RJM at Sleeper's
                              Last edited by rjmatsleepers; December 30, 2005, 01:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X