Kidney Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidney Stones

Guess it's wake-up time wrt my atrocious diet and lifestyle.

Yep I finally called 911 and was taken in for what I found out were kidney stones.

Currently flyin' the friendly skies with the Mighty Morphine Power Rangers. The doc/pusher hit me up with some Oxy (percocet)and Keteradol. Ketaradol ****s up your guts bad.

This was a pain like no other. I'm fairly resistant to pain. I've broken my wrist, fell into a barbecue pit, and been kicked hard by a Belgian draft horse and it was nothing. Fun times compared to this. There is no comfortable position, nothing to take your mind off it, I was hollering like a little *****. And in a week, I get urology tests back with two pleasant choices: 1 a big stone with a rather unpleasant procedure to remove it 2 a little stone with all the phun of phassing it myself.

Adults should not drink milk seems to be the lesson. I am a huge milk drinker and not terribly active, two factors that combined to **** me as hard as Anne Coulter likes it and in the same place.

Modern hospitals are not phun. Screaming kids, bedwetting elderly, and most phun of all, having to argue with the male nurse to get more drugs (three times) when you have what the Merck medical book describes as 'one of mans most agonzing conditions'. Finally after I kept screaming at them they broke out the Morphine to shut me up. I was in SuperHappyFunTime so quit complaining for the rest of the time.

Kidney stones: The Gift that Keeps On Giving.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

ouch.

I haven't heard anything about milk being a cause. Drinking lots of water is supposed to help (and something you have to do once you get them)

Comment

Ouch! Take advantage of the fact that other pain may be distracting -- perhaps rent some Rob Schneider movies.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher-- I said it was ONE of mans most painful conditions, not THE MOST.
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I didn't know you were in physics

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Ouch! I drove my brother to the hospital when he got his. He wanted to die - and kill me - at every bump in the road.
            What?

Comment

Too much mass passing through too small a space. Cripes.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Ultrasound can be used to break the stones up into smaller fragments so they will be easier to pass (and slightly less painful). The ultrasound itself is supposed to be quite tolerable.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yes the ultrasound in and of itself is, but the procedure involves someone poking and sticking a their hands into your gut over and over again for some reason (sadism?)

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled when I had mine while I was in excruciating pain. Thankfully, both the gel and the nurse's hands were warm (he was cute too) so it wasn't the most horrible experience I'd ever had.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

That's nasty! Just... be a man and ... all that stuff.

I was once caught with a _bad_ stomach pain so I had to go to the hospital and the MALE nurse totally pressed my stomach hard. It hurt so bad I wish he was like a PUNK or something so I could hit back.

DOes this hurt? NGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!! YEAAAAAH!!! 'well there are different levels of tolerance in pain' BELIEVE ME it HURTS! you Sadist!

Then he went on to push even harder cloes my ribs, REALLY hard, it really did hurt a bit but not like earlier 'does this hurt?' 'well.. not THAT bad.. that just feels normal' and he went 'I can almost feel my thumb touching my index finger, this should hurt'.. I was like wtf? Yeah it hurts a bit but did you just do this to get preference of my pain tolerance you SADIST?????

Then he totally lubed his finger and sodomized me, only to find nothing. I felt violated because he wouldn't tell me he'd do that next, he just did it. It felt totally unnecessary to me, I think he fancied me or something.

Then 'everything here is OK'. Yeah no **** Doc, get your finger out of my lunch box!

Then he just said 'I think it's just a virus' and walked off on me and I was sent home to 'return if it gets worse or doesn't go away in a week'. Wtf?!

THat's my Christmas Story to you all. Spread the gospel.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Kidney stones suck! I have had them 4 times in the last 5 years. The last time, the little piece of whatever got stuck. Nice little 12,000 dollar surgery to go get the thing.

Nothing I've ever had has hurt worse...and nothing makes you feel better than when you get to the emergency room and discover that the doctor is an old friend from high school and he says "I'll hook you up" smiles and then the nurse puts the needle in the IV tube...bam! You are 18 again and feel great!

Mostly, Kidney Stones will pass...the only way to effectively control the pain is through IV drugs. If they pass on their own then a little time in the emergency room with an IV stuck in you is the solution. Pills don't phase it at all. The real pain starts when they get stuck. That's what you really want to avoid. Trust me on that one.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

There may be three ways to help break up the Kidney Stones:

1) Drink lots of Cranberry juice;

2) Pickup some natural organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with Mother) and mix two tablespoons with a glass of water three times per day; and

3) Check out a health food store to find any special teas that are designed to help dissolve Kidney Stones.

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                            Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled when I had mine while I was in excruciating pain. Thankfully, both the gel and the nurse's hands were warm (he was cute too) so it wasn't the most horrible experience I'd ever had.
                            ha, in your case it was nice to have a male nurse. I prefer female nurses. . Not that I've ever been in a hospital *knocks on wood*

Comment

Working...
                            X