• Show
Clear All

Grey Cups (CFL):

Edmonton - 13
    Calgary - 4

Stanley Cups (NHL):

Edmonton - 5
    Calgary - 1

Only championships count, Asher, not statistics. Go big or go home.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Games 20 years ago in the NHL aren't really important and don't dictate anything about today's game. It's the players that won the cups, and any players that were any good are now associated with Phoenix, and I don't see them asa Cup contender this year... Again, only has-beens dwell in the past.

And Grey Cups are just ridiculous to begin with -- it's like bragging about winning in the Special Olympics.

It's time you guys stopped clinging to the past and wake up and realize you've got a joke of a team lucky to be doing as well as they are now, and your pride in the Grey Cup is just pathetic. You might as well start arguing about how well the high school football teams do in the Provincials.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        What's the record now over the past few secons? 12-3-2 for the Flames or something ridiculous?
        Only has-beens dwell in the past.

Comment

They're largely the same teams, so it's relevant.

When you're talking about COMPLETELY different teams with new coaches, GMs, and players, it's not relevant.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Warren Moon! Warren Moon is still around?!?!

Comment

Watching asher rationalize his BS is hillarious.

Comment

He's not good enough for a real pro football team, but he's good enough for the MIGHTY EDMONTON ESKIMOS that Edmontonians are bursting with pride over.

Comment

Eh... he retired long ago, and he was actually at his prime when he played in the CFL.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

He's not good enough for a real pro football team, but he's good enough for the MIGHTY EDMONTON ESKIMOS that Edmontonians are bursting with pride over.
                    That goes for all Candian footbal, the place where you go if your not good enogh for the NFL.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Warren Moon played in the CFL because black quarterbacks weren't "good enough" for the NFL.

CFL
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                          Warren Moon! Warren Moon is still around?!?! Wow. Ironic, too, given that he used to be the QB for the Houston Oilers, right?
                          He started his career in Edmonton and was part of five consecutive championship teams. He went from here to Houston. Hense my use of past tense.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

"Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

posting in a calgary flames thread

Comment

Nice find

Comment

Working...
                                X