No announcement yet.

Oilers beat Flames - Asher in mourning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oilers beat Flames - Asher in mourning.

Ashers one man crusade to promote Calgary hit a brick wall tonight at Edmonton's Rexall Place as the Edmonton Oilers defeated the Calgary Flames by 5-4. Asher is in seclusion at Brad Pitt's Canmore retreat. He is not returning calls.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

The Stampeders suck!!!
      What?

Comment

There's 20+ posts regarding this in the NHL thread.

Flames are now 2-1-1 this season and the Oilers are 2-2-0, so we're still winning.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I saw the score last night and just chuckled.

I never used to care about Calgary or Edmonton. Now I have a reason to.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

I never used to care about Calgary or Edmonton. Now I have a reason to.

Comment

One game among many during the long regular season grind. I don't see why anyone would get real fussed either way.

It was a REALLY good game though. Its looking reasonably good for all 6 Canadian teams to make the playoffs when bragging rights are REALLY determined. This stuff is just forplay.
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

It could have easily gone either way, the Flames could've buried it earlier in the night if it weren't for the post.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'll have to remember to post a thread whenever the Flames beat the Oilers now to keep up the tradition.

What's the record now over the past few secons? 12-3-2 for the Flames or something ridiculous?

Comment

Who has won more Stanley Cups in the last 25 years? Calgary or Edmonton. I forget.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Only has-beens dwell in the past.

Comment

Sounds like an excuse for a franchise that can't win anything.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hmm. It's funny, when I look at Chicago and Edmonton's records, they lose more than Calgary does.

Comment

Championships matter more than regular season records. That being said, I have no idea how either team has been doing lately w/regard to the Cup... for instance, if one team has won several times in the last 25 yrs, but all three were 15+ yrs ago, and the other team won last year or something... then I'd give the edge to the team that recently won. If they've both won recently, or both haven't won for a while, then it's over to who has won more historically (which I suspect goes to Edmonton).

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

If the league goes ahead with its stupid greedy idea of adding four more teams to the playoffs, the regular season will mean even less.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                              X