Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Football Thread VII

World Football Thread VI

Everton had 66% possession and 10 corners, Bolton had no corners, how did Everton lose, and at home 0-4
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

REFEREE!!!
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Woot ... another thread where we can talk about the BEARS...

<< duck >>
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Posession: It's not how long you have it it's what you do with it.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

is C0ckney's referee thing in relation to the Arsenal - Chelsea game?

We dominated the whole game. You had two chances to our hundreds. Also, if you are whining about the dissallowed goal. We had a perfectly good penalty turned down before your disallowed goal was disallowed. And Essien's challenge wasn't malicious (this time) it probably was a yellow card though.

btw, on the dissallowed goal I think a striker standing in front of goal like Henry was is interfering with play because they make the goalkeeper have to cover two options and as he was 10 yards offside and facing goal looking for the pass it should be offside for him, Cech was badly positioned for Van Persie because he was covering Henry.

All in all a very comprehensive victory. I at no point felt like we were going to lose, even when I thought you'd scored. We were just too dominant. Once we scored it was all over really.
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Oh and Reds - I can't believe how unlucky you lot were in Japan. What a great performance.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
              Oh and Reds - I can't believe how unlucky you lot were in Japan. What a great performance.
              Posession: It's not how long you have it it's what you do with it.
              Or in their case a load of corners and good scoring chances.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yeah, it's true.

The Sao Paulo goalie made loads of good saves, they had the ball in the back of the net 3 times, at least one of which looked like a decent goal. Just wasn't their day. I do wonder about them not bringing on Crouch earlier considering how much joy they were getting in the air. And I really like Cisse as a goalscorer when you need one. But they made so many chances. Garcia could have had 10.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm gutted, I've never seen a second half like that not result in a goal!! I can't beleive he persevered with Morientes as long as he did though...

Comment

it looks like mike skipped the game and went straight to jose's post match comments.

we had a perfectly good goal disallowed, things like that decide games and we got shafted by the ref.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Goals decide games? You should work for Sky Sports!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                        And Essien's challenge wasn't malicious (this time) it probably was a yellow card though.
                        I like the bit in the parentheses.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

and the fact he felt the need to include it...

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney

it looks like mike skipped the game and went straight to jose's post match comments.

we had a perfectly good goal disallowed, things like that decide games and we got shafted by the ref.
                            Before the goal was disallowed Drogba was pulled down in the box for an absolute blatant pentalty which wasn't given.

Things like that decide games... but in this case the incidents evened out. Arguably if we got the penalty and were 1-0 up then we'd have shut up shop like we did when we scored and you wouldn't have even had that chance.

You got a goal disallowed for offside , we didn't get a penalty. Both decisions were wrong and these things happen in games all the time. (I don't think either Senderos or Essien should have been sent off.)

In the end the best team on the day won the match, you can moan about that goal but it doesn't change the fact you were comfortably outplayed for the entire game.

Good luck getting back into the Champs League, you might have to do a Liverpool and win it.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                              and the fact he felt the need to include it...
                              I included it just for you guys.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X