Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant

Last days have been really hard for me. Mostly because of two matters.

First: I'm in a foreign country and I'm renting a flat with friends. We wanted, bah, we needed everything to be official, according to the law and stuff. But it turned out that the guy from the bureau where we rented the house in forgot to bring our documents where he should and travelled to Europe. Also, it turned out that the taxes for renting a house to foreigners is so high (47%) that it makes it hardly profitable. The lady in whose place we were living wanted to change the act when she learned about it (the guy in the bureau didn't tell it), but we couldn't, because a copy of it was given to imigration office. Eventually we went to a proper office with her and they demanded some documents from us from foreign ministry and from the embassy. But when we came back, our lady was gone.
    She told us later that they want to make her pay a giant sum of money = and that she wants us out, because then she won't have to pay it. We had to look for a house and we missed a week of studies.

Eventually she drove us out a day before she promessed even, because someone wants to see it (to rent it), and she has to clean it - funny, because when she told us that she can't return us money for the rest of the month the reason was that there's no-one new who can rent it from her; she's also said she has to pay the taxes - which she didn't pay...) It was very hard to find 3-room house right now, because the city is not a proper time, the city is full of students and Iraqi refugees, and the prices went up up up. We succeeded, but pay most of the money we receive here for living.

That was one thing, but the other matter is even sadder for me. Last year, when my teacher lost my work, didn't even let me know about it etc, in result I didn't get money for having good grades. I promessed myself I'll show them and will get it this time.

And so, I have 4,95 (of 5,00) average on both studies. When it comes to one, it is ok, but when it comes to the other one, I've had some problems. You see, I was so busy I decided to have the first term of the most important exam in september. I fixed the date with miss profesor at first of september. But when I came there, she was not present, there was a cart on the door saying she's in sanatorium. OK, I've wasted time, money (I live over 300kms away) and nerves, but the problem was that the next time she could be present was 15th of september, one day after the end of "session", that is the time when You can have exams. I asked for moving the deadline, and so it was done. I've had the exam, it was very nice etc. I have one of the best grades on my studies. I've went to the guy responsible for students' affairs (one of two; the other one was not present at the time), and he said it should be OK, I should get the money for good grades, though in the end it's in the hands of some comission.

I've learned that I'm not on the list of people getting the money, so I wanted to contact the guy to ask him why so: did he forget to add me to it (he said he would, but at the time I was there he only wrote my name on a piece of paper), or did the comission refuse to give me money. I'm not present in Poland right now, so my mother phoned comission and it said I should ask the guy. It was impossible, though: he hasn't left his mail anyway and was not present in the time of weekly compulsory meetings with students for 3 consecutive weeks of even more. I did manage to contact him through another guy responsible for students' affairs. Eventually they told me I would get the money, even today I received mail from one of them I would - and now I've received a mail from one of them that I would not after all, because I extended the deadline.

He also told me I didn't inform him about him - I've quoted in reply my previous mail. I've informed him about that in the very beginning of my mail. I suspect both of them simply didn't know about such law. But why the comission told me to contact this guy if it was itself that refused to give me money? It's completely insane.

summary: I have one of the best grades in my students, but I will not get money for having good grades because of bad state of health of one of my teachers, bad law and incompetence of some officials.

Summary part 1: I've been kind of thrown out of a house I paid for and have a deal for renting it for 3 more months..
    Last edited by Heresson; December 16, 2005, 17:34.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Paragraphs, please.

Comment

I can't do it, sorry. I've tried by using pause, but I'd need ENTER, and there's no such thing in this computer. I'll try to switch to another one.
      Middle East!

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Done. What's with You, Sava?
          Middle East!

Comment

What kind of craptastic computer are you using that doesn't have an ENTER key?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Clearly, this thread is insufficiently batrachian.

Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Heresson, I had this problem in my second year of uni. I managed to solve the fact that I'd lost my receipt from handing in the essay well before time (early December, instead of the 15th January) by taking them to one of the uni computers and showing them that I'd saved the file at that time and hadn't altered it since then.
                That might work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  What kind of craptastic computer are you using that doesn't have an ENTER key?
                  Well, it's an internet caffe that has a lot of computers without ENTER button. It's pretty annoying, true.

The guy told me he'll ask the comission again.

LC, thanks for a frog, but I'd rather have your moral support in my case.
                  Middle East!

Comment

What the hell sort of ****ty country are you in that charges a tax for renting to foreingers?
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                      Clearly, this thread is insufficiently batrachian.

Touching that frog will cause instant death
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Touching that frog will cause instant death
                        You say that like it were a bad thing.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Touch it! Touch it!
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                            What the hell sort of ****ty country are you in that charges a tax for renting to foreingers?
                            I think he's in Syria.

I'm also worried about the guy at the internet café having to ask a "commission" (again) to get new keyboards.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Syria? I hear staunch Catholicism goes down a treat there
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X