Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is more deserving to die - Ken Lay or Stanley Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

err, one of them is already dead.

Comment

2/3 of Americans expressing an opinion believe Stanley Williams is/was more deserving of the death penalty.

60% of non-Americans picked Ken Lay.

Are Americans soft on corporate crime?
      Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Are Canadians terrible at trolling?

(Actually, most of them aren't. Poor TMV )

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Viking
          2/3 of Americans expressing an opinion believe Stanley Williams is/was more deserving of the death penalty.

60% of non-Americans picked Ken Lay.

Are Americans soft on corporate crime?
          You ignored those of us who voted the banana option.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Who is more deserving to die - Ken Lay or Stanley Williams?

Originally posted by The Mad Viking
            I suspect that an actuary could convert statistics on a billion dollar fraud into a number of deaths and injuries likely to result. (Resulting from economic hardship - leading to criminal acts (robbery, domestic violence, dealing drugs, etc.)

If Ken Lay knew or should of known what was going on, is he responsible for these damages?
            So some people actually think fraud deserves the death penalty? He messed up some numbers on a page, ffs, it's not like he went out and ended someone's life. I don't believe any crime solely involving money deserves anything more than huge fines. Fine him twice what he stole or something, but death? For theft?
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

John, it's impossible for a CEO to be innocent of these things, it's not like the whole scheme was in place for two whole weeks or something.

It's like Ronald Reagan disclaiming any knowledge of the Iran-Contra affair. Totally unbelievable.
              Shows what you know of group dynamics.

A person can be the head of an organization and be completely oblivious to the shenanigans of the people beneath them, even those directly beneath them.

But, ****, it wasn't like Enron didn't announce that it had very irregular accounting - they got a special dispensation from the SEC, filed documents with the government claiming that very senior people were involved in large deals, on the other side of the table, with their own company, etc. People (gov't, press, industry) just chose to ignore it, until it became too big to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

And all those who thought this thread/poll troll was so stupid it wasn't even worth voting banana to see the results.

Comment

Working...
                  X