Laser Eye Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Eye Surgery

I think I'm going to do it. What should I know before I talk to these guys?

My eyes are still getting worse. I know I need to get glasses soon. But it's getting ridiculous. I'm paying over $300 for glasses. When surgery isn't that much more expensive. Why not get it done?

Shop around for the best place. There is a really good place in Houston for example, which gives you a free pair of oakleys.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

they cut your eyes with a laser and refocus them...

I'd like to do it, but I'm scared.

My insurance even covers it.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yeah I feel the glasses are hurting my love life (more than me just being me- but I can't get rid of that ). And I never spend money on myself. Why not do something for myself. Even if it's just cosmetic.

Comment

I haven't seen a pic of you, but knowing what I know about you from Poly, I bet glasses make you look smart.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't need glasses to look smart.

Comment

Maybe you seem different in real life.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My ex-girlfriend got laser eye surgury done. When we'd wake up she couldn't even see the time on the clock next to the bed but after the surgury she had almost 20/20.

The problem is a fairly large number of people have their eye sight go bad again as time goes on and you can only cut off so much of your eye lens to keep correcting it.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  they cut your eyes with a laser and refocus them...

I'd like to do it, but I'm scared.
                  Amen! Shooting laser beams into my eyes?!?

Comment

I'd wait for those awesome-looking implants Geordi was wearing in "Star Trek: First Contact." I hear such artificial eyes will really be available in the next 20 years or so.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Yeah, that always intrigued me that Geordi had to wear that visor and couldn't sort out fixing his optic nerve despite the fact they could cure an unknown disease in minutes and fathom the intricacies of interstellar travel
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

A friend of mine runs medical trials and his girlfriend is a peed... paed... kids doctor. I was talking to them about it and they said they know loads of laser eye surgeons but no laser eye surgeons who'd have laser eye surgery.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

That sounds like crap MikeH, when I went for a consultation at Ultralase the doc told me he'd had itm done himself and also the woman who saw me had it done.

I had them done (Not with Ultralase, too bloody expensive), it worked brilliantly (Better than 20/20 vision now), but if your eyes are actively getting worse it's not to be recomended, as they'll just continue deteriorating and you'll need glasses anyway.

Comment

So we've got my second hand hearsay vs your sales pitch. Neither are really credible sources.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

This is has the makings of a great DIY adventure
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X