Beers in Acadamia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beers in Acadamia

I think it is important to have a round drinks, to support the students of course.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Every good student prepares for exams with some good beer

(OK, I only did it once, and for an economics exam. But it still was kinda cool to be able to truthfully say I was out drinking beer till way after midnight the day before an exam and still passed it easily.)
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

We had a pub on campus
      Monkey!!!

Comment

So do we. Well, two, actually, but one of them is only open once a week or so.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

The is an old regulation here from the 1850s that all students taking exams 'must be provided with cakes and beer'
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

We apparently used to, but they got shut down after being caught serving underage students too many times.

Stupid US drinking age.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              We had a pub on campus
              Same here. They also sell beer at the uni's cafeteria
              Blah

Comment

McGill had 5 pubs on campus that I can remember.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Leeds University is right next to the city centre, so in addition to the three bars in the Union building, there are another 6 within 5 minutes walk, and loads in the city and all over the student area. Some of these I still appreciate (for the quality of booze of course, not staring at hot young students. )

Comment

anyone heard of a mass-produced premium brand called 'Old Speckled Hen'?

It's my new favourite.

My new roommate brought Guiness in by the flat, but I think I'm now almost too cultured for Guiness (almost)...
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

It's good, but it's not my current favourite:
                      Attached Files

Comment

There should be a beer civgroup.

Comment

I'm in.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Beer thread!

The University I went to had a "night club" on campus run by students that served beer, but I never went there - something about being in North Philly at night kind of disturbed me.
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yeah, you might have run in to Albert Speers... creepy
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X