No announcement yet.

The Global Matriarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah I don't think we could compare that... in military, the problem derives from different places that don't affect the government.

Many men have problems with woman leading in combat or in higher places. That's unnecessary feeling IMO, even though it would be because of the man. You need to eliminate those things if you can.

Women are physically less able to do some things in the military, and also there would be lesser trust to leaders, that is vital.

Women per se might be just as competent, but it would bring the moral to lower levels. That's just how it is. Plus the whole protective feelings, and the feeling that if a woman gets injured, it's worse, or gets captured, the thought of rapings etc will bother more.

Just better not risk it. However, do I think women should be in the military? I don't know, but women should get the opportunity, there are plenty of jobs that can be done without those unnecessary negative effects, even when they come from men.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      So... what would the world be like if it were run by women?

Depends on the females.

If Thatcher, Maria Eva Duarte Peron, Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, Sirimavo Bandaranaike, Tansu Ciller and Jiang Qing were in charge, same old, same old, really...

...apologies to Gro Harlem Brundtland, Vigdis Finbogadottir, Edith Cresson et cetera.

I'm sure it would be just great if you all had united, working together and had made the world into a big clappy happy Greenham stylee non-nuclear Green recycling placenta eating commune.

(I'm reminded of the scene in a comedy where the signer is on-screen having to sign the w@nkspeak of some ghastly right-on talking head, and eventually just starts making masturbatory arm motions... )

" And this hand, my fellow Riot Grrlz, is the one I held on tight and squeezed with, after the Monica thang..."
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Edith Cresson? The woman whose corruption finally brought the Santer commission down? Why should you apologize to her?
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Nice lady, that Edith:
          Ms Cresson, often compared with Margaret Thatcher, has become notorious for a string of controversial statements, including calling her cabinet "creeps". She once said one in four British men was homosexual.

Before taking up her post as prime minister, Ms Cresson had gained cabinet experience handling trade, European affairs and agriculture.

While agriculture minister she failed to get on with France's farmers who called her the "perfumed one" while she returned the compliment calling them, "conservatives and woman-haters".
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            Edith Cresson? The woman whose corruption finally brought the Santer commission down? Why should you apologize to her?

Because she's once, twice, three times a laaadddyyyyy...
            ...and I'm an old-fashioned British gentleman.

Fair trade tea and scones, anyone ?

Chin chin.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

"run by women" or run through matriarchal means and principals?

For the former, it may not be any different. For the latter, it would definately be a better world.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                Nice lady, that Edith: She once said one in four British men was homosexual.

We go way back....

Experiment With Edith:

" I told him, it's all right, you won't feel a thing..."
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                  Imagine if all the worlds leading political, military, financial, and religious organizations had synchronous menstruation cycles.
                  Would this somehow be worse than the current collective d*ck measuring that goes on?

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Would this somehow be worse than the current collective d*ck measuring that goes on?
                    Better.

You'd at least be able to predict when international incidents are more likely to happen- we'd have a U.N. Feminax Rapid Intervention Strike Force.

Comment

We could have a new indicator for political testiness - the Midol Index. Sort of like the Homeland Security color indicators for terrorist actions, but more color-coordinated.
                      Last edited by JohnT; December 12, 2005, 10:43.

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                        X