Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

African Fighting(from the battle for Monrovia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colon
    Many of those Iraqi insurgents are former members of the military, and the Iraq army did used to be quite skilled.
    The insurgents in Iraq do seem to be fairly disciplined.

They're no match for Western armies, of course (even without fire or air support), and knowing this they limit their activities accordingly.

The point is to continue the insurgency for so long that the Coalition nations get sick and tired of losing a hundred soldiers every month, not to win a war in any conventional sense.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      Depressing as hell, and yet funny, thanks to Lonestar. I choose not to feel bad that I laughed.
      I really do feel bad for the guy in that last picture. He's trying to fight a serious war, and all around him there are *******s striking stupid poses.

So many idiots to kill, so little time.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, he'll probably get shot by his own side. Friendly fire, dontcha know...

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: African Fighting(from the battle for Monrovia)

Originally posted by Lonestar

Here we have a classic! The "prone Warrior " firing position - too bad the magazine spring has blown out from the bottom of his beautifully blue-duct-tape-taped jungle magazine setup.
          That might have something to do with resting the weight of his rifle on the ****ing clip while firing.

Somehow you get the feeling that jams are not uncommon...
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Credits
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

A video Lonestar forgot (?) to copy: http://media.putfile.com/liberia

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Well, in all fairness he hasn't posted in this thread since the OP so he hasn't taken credit for the material. Though, he should have had the note, "Reposted from elsewhere."
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Thanks Spiff for the link, it has tons more pics and they're funny ..

Just gold!
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Why does this thread make me think of "Triple-X 2"?
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I don't think this is very funny. Maybe I'm too sensitieve

Maybe because I, with my pretty basic military training and general knowledge of guns and how they work, would most likely have killed a couple million of those kids before going down. What the hell are they doing? Looks like they're not even trying to hit. If that's the case, to them I guess. War sucks.
                      CSPA

Comment

At least they have lots of guns. If it weren't for those, they'd have nothing at all.

Comment

Not all African armies are rag-tag militias like this. Some are quite serious fighting forces.

In the Ethiopia and Eritrea wars there have been some quite large scale operations, well organized and led. One of the battles saw about 10000 dead, all military (not civilians being slaughtered like in Rwanda). You can't have that happen without discipline methinks.

Then there's the sad story of Biafra, that also saw some serious fighting, including at one point a Swedish pilot flying for the Biafra airforce. Being the Biafra airforce to be more exact.

Comment

hmmmm... did someone repost this?

OR OUTRIGHT PLAGIARISE??!??!

I report, you decide.

props to Illur for bringing this to my attention
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, and in a related topic we may have another WW1-style Ethiopia/Eritrea war sailing up.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Dude, you only have to read a couple of posts upwards.

Originally posted by Spiffor
                                Credits
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X