Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with the interior design for my new place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with the interior design for my new place...

Okay, here is the floorplan:

By best guess is that the bottom wall is about 42 feet long, and the side wall is about 34.5 base on the assuption that the angled part of the top bedroom is about 50 sq ft.

Anyway. you can see all the pictures i have of it at:

Explore brayced’s 24 photos on Flickr!

We are putting a pool table at the bottom of the living room. The wall on the left of the living/dining area is where i think the tv, etc is going to have to go. What colors, furniture, etc should I use???

I want to keep it pretty urban/modern looking.
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Certainly honey. First, we're gonna have to talk drapes. . .wait a minute! I'm not gay!

Don't you have a wife or something who can make all these decisions?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Only 2 bathrooms?
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

A lot of black and white. Or go vibrant with purples and/or reds for instance.

Ebony is expensive, but beautiful hardwood. Very heavy.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well no, i'm...dating ... but no serious GF or anything. and if i did, i probably wouldn't let them help anyway

and how many bathrooms do you need in a two bedroom apartment?

here is a pic of the pool table I think we are going to have:
          Attached Files
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

With a pool table like that it's gonna be hard keeping it looking modern.

Personally I'd leave the colors as they are, and paint the ceiling something bright.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

You should at least have a spare bathroom.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

With all the wood elements in your house, including the intended pool table, urban/modern is pretty impossible to achieve.

You can offset the classic look the room has now with some rugs, paintings and furniture that have a modern appeal.
                If you're going to go with that pool table, use the red from the table cloth. You can lay down a rug that's also red in the TV area and combine it with a modern black sofa, like this one:

Add a funky glass coffee table:

And finish off with other modern furniture. Stay with wood:

... or mix in some metal:

I can't help you with specific colors. I suggested the red for a rug that will go with your pool table cloth, but other than that, it's your own preference.
                Just don't go for more than three distinctly different colors; it's a living room, not a tropical bird

Comment

Kaak, what does your typical wardrobe look like?
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Don't listen to these guys. They don't know what they're talking about. They've prolly read about Feng Shui too.

You gotta go Jonny Depp on this one. You know, crazy weird. Old stuff. But not old expensive magnificent. Old weird, as in wtf is that? But looks cool.

And change it all, I mean don't go with the normal hello my name is kaak and this is me bedroom!

NO!

First of all Bedroom is now f***space. Bed in the middle, and around the bed all kinds of weird sex toys mixed with ancient torture equipment. The beauty is, guests can't tell the difference, so soem drunk chick might actually seriously hurt their punpun .. Plus it's cool that way. Big mirror in the roof, and one big one in one wall, so you can check yourself out while totally laying the law on some poor person.

One thing about f***space. You need to be able to make it dark even during the day. This way you can install and hid esome UV-lights there, you know like blacklights, and use that too.. then use that special pen to write to the walls, words like 'die whore die' etc, so that they can be only seen when you turn the special lights on. You know, it's a trip.

Closet, I would buy 10 human size dolls that are realistic looking. Then dress your clothes on them and hang them from the roof. When you oipen it, it looks like 10 dudes have been hanged. But they are your racks for clothes. Adds a special feeling to your f***space.

Bathroom next to f***space. Ok. This is another freaky room. You put some wigs, like those .. 1700-royal women wigs. Big white things. But you don't have the heads for them, except that you have but they don't habe faces. NO faces. I don't know why. But this is the way it should be.

Dining becomes The Land Of The Midgets, Living Room becomes the Kill Room and the second bathroom you install a big hot tub with green water and make it bubble and green lights and those absinth posters on the wall looking nice. It will be called the Absinth Room.

Basically thi sis my sample and introduction to Innovative Design, ID, and right now I'm waiting for big celebs to fill my time but I might be able to book you in.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

If you're low on cash, go to Ikea, you get the best deals and it's cool. If you have some cash, avoid it like AIDS.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

well, the pool table can change. And i'll have some cash to spend. I'm getting a decent signing bonus, so ikea isn't where i'll be getting the furniture I did go and walk through there just to look at the furniture and get some ideas...

Zopp: cool furniture...thanks!

Comment

So are you going to go with the freak theme or not?
                            In da butt.

Comment

Modern doesn't look good for living space. It's too cold, hard, and severe. A softer theme is usually more comfortable.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X