The end is near!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end is near!!!

"According to the National Assessment of Educational Progress, 40 percent of America's 4th graders are reading below the basic level"

"H.R. 1 will result in the creation of assessments in each state that measure what children know and learn in reading and math in grades 3-8. "

Why are you dredging up a webpage last updated Feb. 13, 1997?
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

To show what kind of problems they had not so long ago and probably still have.

Comment

Could you please do some basic research from a CURRENT source?

Comment

"Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

God, it's like like Serb has never heard of Google.

Comment

Do you uhh . . . yahoo?

ya HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ooooooo
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

While the US still scores only average grades as compared to the rest of the West, Serb gets a big fat F on his paper. Please see me after class.

Comment

So, America now has education only in urban areas?
                  Or the generation of 1996-1997 has been completely anihilated and there will be no Mr. President Bush-III Mk. 1996?

Comment

His sources seem byelorussian to me (they're in .by). I guess the next step of his troll thread was to show that even Byelorus does better
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

@ Serb

You do know the data gathered in '97 was a sampling of the population, just like the data gathered in '05 right? They didn't go out and gather the grades of every single student in the country...

Comment

His sources seem byelorussian to me (they're in .by). I guess the next step of his troll thread was to show that even Byelorus does better
                        HA HA spiff a des petitEs couilles.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                          While the US still scores only average grades as compared to the rest of the West, Serb gets a big fat F on his paper. Please see me after class.
                          When I came to 1st grade I already can write and read for two years (since I was 5). When I was in 4th grade, I was studying my second language. Between 4th and 8th grades I was studying algebra, geometry, chemistry, physics, astronomy, and many many other things. AND I WAS AN AVERAGE SOVIET PUPIL AND IT WAS A BASIC, STANDARD CURRICULUM.
                          If your students can't read well utill 4th grade and can't write untill 8th grade, then the end is near!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by Serb; December 10, 2005, 06:31.

Comment

it didnt seem to help you with coming up with a political system that works, or running a large country, or building cars (see: Lahda, or Yugo)

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                              @ Serb

You do know the data gathered in '97 was a sampling of the population, just like the data gathered in '05 right? They didn't go out and gather the grades of every single student in the country...
                              WTF are you talking about? Check my links. They are about president's initiatives. The first one about Clinton's project, another one about Bush's project. If two of your last presidents propose such projects - sorry, but you're in deep sh!t, guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X