Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F**king hell! And I live in London!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You've got to be kidding. A 1500 square foot, new, modern loft in the centre of London for $2300? You can't get that here in Toronto.

Unless, of course, that's just his share (I assumed he had at least one roomie). But I can't see Houston being that expensive.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

No, I don't live in a loft apartment in Docklands or Central London. It's just the cost in general...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Just to be clear... You could get a new ~ 150 m^2 loft in or near central London for $2,300 per month? It wouldn't be possible in Washington.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Jesus, does no one listen?...of course not.
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

You didn't answer Kontiki's question (and that's the important question), so...
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Are you insane?
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Are you an ass?

Comment

What part of 'of course not' are you struggling with?
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Sorry DanS, but PH is being perfectly clear...
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

2300 was for the whole apartment. I'm paying the lion's share of it though, since i will make more money than my roommate and i'm getting the bigger bedroom...
                        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

it looks palatial. congrats
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

nice verbage! thanks
                            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

By the way...I'm going to have to paint the walls to get that peach/tangerine color cone...Any suggestions on color?

Comment

Working...
                              X