X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

What?

Comment

Why would anyone want to kill a musician?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
            Why would anyone want to kill a musician?
            to improve the rest of humanity?

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Overrated?

For one, Steven Tyler said that were he a surfer, and rode in on a huge wave, he would grab his board and paddle out to catch another.
              He went on to say how he admired John Lennon who, in comparison, would ride in on this huge wave, turn and study the waves, and then write a meaningful song about the experience.
              John's vision of world events as well as personal experiences, and the way in which he expressed these feeling and thoughts, made him the greatest song writer in music history.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, its a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                  Originally posted by Sava
                  Originally posted by Verto

Overrated.

but still
                  QFT

John's vision of world events as well as personal experiences, and the way in which he expressed these feeling and thoughts, made him the greatest song writer in music history.

It's not even clear that he was the best songwriter in his own band...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    t's not even clear that he was the best songwriter in his own band...
                    I love Johns music.

But I think in the Beatles, the real magic started happening when you combined the talents of Lennon and McCartney.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Overrated?

For one, Steven Tyler said that were he a surfer, and rode in on a huge wave, he would grab his board and paddle out to catch another.
                      He went on to say how he admired John Lennon who, in comparison, would ride in on this huge wave, turn and study the waves, and then write a meaningful song about the experience.
                      That's fine. You and Steven Tyler are entitled to your opinions.

But I have the advantage of not living through the hype of that era. I am objective about the music. I've listened to the Beatles and John Lennon's music and honestly, I don't understand what is so great about it.

I think John Lennon was a great guy and it's a shame he was killed. But I do think his music and the Beatles music is hugely overrated. It's the most overrated music of all time.

It's a cult of personality to the extreme.

I'm not bashing the guy or anything. Just expressing an opinion.

I wish he had lived. I think that he would have made a lot of contributions, not just musically, to our culture and society had he not been murdered.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As a point of comparison, Sava, who do you consider to be a great songwriter?

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
                          As a point of comparison, Sava, who do you consider to be a great songwriter?
                          I don't know.

This is all subjective.

I don't listen to music for the words. I am not a fan of poetry.

Honestly, I can't name one song that I have ever said to myself, "Wow, that is a well written song!"

Maybe it's just the way my mind works... the way I am wired. Some people read poetry and can appreciate the imagery... the words. I don't. When I listen to music, I am moved by the melody, the sound of the singer's voice, the music itself...

I could tell you what kind of music I like, what I like about it, but not why I like it.

I dunno, if you guys think Lennon is really great, that's fine. I disagree. That's all.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                          X