No announcement yet.

WOW! Greatest imitation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aargh that's a long ass paper.. I'll read it tomorrow, since I'm interested anyway. I mean I'll read it today after I'll wake up in.. 3 hours. Nice job from me again. Now to zzzZzzzZZ-mode.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Are they all net feeds? That kinda sucks, but at least they'll have the proper lectures next Autumn.

Ah alright. So I'll just walk up there ans aks whats going on. I do wonder how many mailing lists do they have since I'm alread on 2 of them(Asianet, Asian www-monitor)
      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Yeah sure, read it when you got the time. I'm gonna do some minor changes to it now anyway

haha I get to sleep at least 4 hours soon...

- Paul Valery

Comment

asianstudies2006-list@utu.fi <- this is the one I got the mail from.

I'll paste the message so you don't have to wonder what it said:

Dear Applicant to the Asian Programme,

It is my pleasure to announce that you have been accepted into the Asian
          Programme 2006. The teaching starts in January week 2 with the A-course.
          Exact dates will be posted on our website at www.asianet.fi shortly.

You can find more about the Asian Programme and how to carry out studies
          in the programme in the attached file. More information about specific
          course requirements will be posted to you by email as each course
          commences. Please follow your email carefully for more updates. If you
          have problems opening the attached file, feel free to contact me.

Due to the large number of applications, the approval procedures took
          longer than expected, and this letter was sent to all a little late.

Welcome along!

Sincerely,

Juha Tähkämaa
          Planning Officer
          University Network for East and Southeast Asian Studies
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

oh, and the attached file says nothing that's not on their website.
            In da butt.

Comment

Things are going good for Jon Heder (Napoleon). He has six movies at some point of production right now, including:

"The Benchwarmers", a comedy about three nerdy baseball players with David Spade and Rob Schneider as the other two (Spade is good).

"Moving McAllister", an indy film in which he plays a boxer (no, not a nerd boxer), also starring Mila Kunis (That 70's Show) and Rutger Hauer (Don't Tell Me You Don't Know Who Rutger Hauer Is).

"School for Scoundrels": "Jon Heder plays an unlucky meter reader who enrolls in a confidence-building class so he can win the love of the girl of his dreams. The class turns out to be something quite different when it becomes clear to the young man that his professor (Billy Bob Thorton), has his sights set on the same girl."

Also, two upcoming animated movies get his voice and he plays opposite Diane Keaton in a comedy called "Mama's Boy".

Vote for Heder
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Alright, thanks. I'm going to have to ask Juha to add me to that mailing list as well.

- Paul Valery

Comment

What will you guys be doing in these studies of yours? Sounds like interesting stuff, meet Asian women and all.

Comment

The girl in the background started irritating the hell out of me.

I can't stand it when someone TRIES to laugh because they know that is SUPPOSED to be funny, but they don't find it funny enough to laugh naturally.
                    be free

Comment

Meeting Asian women....I wish

The Asia Programme and East Asian Studies Minor are suppose to give all-around view to present day East-Asia. The courses vary a lot but can be characterized as pol. sci., pol. hist., soc. pol.,economics as well as cultural and language aspects of the region.

The study programme Pekka and I are taking is network based meaning that the lectures will be attended via videolink and all papers will be handled electronically.

The main study programme that starts every Autumn however is traditional lecture based. I dont know about Pekka but I'm planning to add these programmes to my economics masters degree as a minor along with Japanese, Futures Studies and Statistics.

Heres more detailed information.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                        Meeting Asian women....I wish
                        What's so great about meeting asian women?

I am surrounded by them, infact I am surrounded by about 10 of them right now.

Of course, if it's sluts you like, then I withdraw.

If you're looking for the decent ones, you have to enter into the more rural areas.
                        be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

If you're looking for the decent ones, you have to enter into the more rural areas.
                          Well, I have no first hand experience of them since not many live here. From what I've seen they seem cute and nice people.

Sluts are not what I'm looking for, but most of women in any big city are sluts anyway. So, I can handle them too(to an extend)

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

Did you just openly call asian women sluts?

I'd love to meet some, variety is the spice of life

Comment

Asian women, at heart, are sluts towards "ang moh's", which means "red head" or a White man.
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X