Ageism, I Love It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

I couldn't ask for a surer sign someone is defeated. Pack it in Papy, you're debating career is over. You even resorted to the time tested Wayne's World defence. Its brilliant, NOT.

I am humbled by your rhetorical skills, NOT. Next you're going to start attacking my spelling to make your point.

Only thing worth responding to is this, cause once again you are WRONG. The US is in no way consistent in this. In some states felons can vote, and in some states they can't.

We are sorry. The page you are looking for can not be found. Please head to the homepage, or contact us if you have an information request. 

Boy, you're batting .000. Keep it up.

Its funny to watch you swim against the tides of history, jsut like its funny to watch lemmings jump to their deaths. Its not like anything of worth is achieved, its just, well, ammusing.

The surest proof of why kids 15 aren't mature enough to get the same rights is that they are stupid enough to think that they should trade the relative advantages of being without the same responsibiltiies for adulthood. Anyone who is rushing towards adulthood is a dumbass.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• They already have the responsibilities of adulthood. Youth pay taxes and are charged as adults for crimes. Youth are sent to war but can't drink a beer.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Parents also have a responsibility to support their children until 18

In my mind, charging juveniles as adults is wrong. So is allowing them to join the Armed Forces.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
          Huh? You apparently didn't participate in the number of Sci-Fi Book Club threads from 2003.
          you're right. i didn't. i liked the whole idea that the right to vote must be earned; that it is a privilige, and not a right.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin.

- Robert Heinlein

Get the button here: http://www.youthrights.org/merch/ind...od&productId=6

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• you're mistaking simply being old for actually accomplishing something with your life. it doesn't always work that way. i know plenty of older people who haven't accomplished jack in their lives, and i know many younger people who've actually done something.

just because 'youth is not a sin,' doesn't mean a young person has earned the right to do something.

Comment

• Well then what can a young person do to "earn" those rights besides becoming an adult?

Comment

• i never said i had a solution to the problem, just that i liked the idea.

Comment

• Ok.

Well this goes back to the former line of argument. What is a suitable qualification for voting?

Should it be paying taxes, or meeting a set level of competence, or... what? I don't have a clear answer for that, or even if there should be a qualification for voting. But I'm open to hearing ideas.

Comment

Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin.

- Robert Heinlein
                      I like to know what he was on, stating staying alive in the urban jungle is not an accomplishment. Potent stuff, man.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

They already have the responsibilities of adulthood. Youth pay taxes and are charged as adults for crimes. Youth are sent to war but can't drink a beer.

Driking Alcohol is not a right. If 18 year olds care so much, then let the idiots VOTE to overturn such laws. But 18 year olds vote an horribly annemic rates. Their fault for not excercising their political will..

As for taxes- so what? Youth get government benefits no one else does- nbearly every state offers free medical coverage for those under 18.

And I already made my feeling known about chanring youths like adults....
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                        X