Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    And UR, think about this one.

Inexpensive. Good quality. Quickly produced. Pick 2, because 3 isn't happening.
    That's what they said about Japanese products not that long ago.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

And they still do, since they ain't cheap anymore.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I once ate a can of Chinese lychees that had a label with picture of a farm with a nuclear plant on the background in them. I'm still alive no?

I didnt buy those Chinese lychees again though....
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Sloww: I never said we didnt have products from El Salvador, Guatemala, Pakistan, Malaysia, Mexico, etc...

The transportation costs are too great for "crappy foreign junk product" to be shipped over the Pacific and through the great United States, so they just make ours in Central America. Which is IMHO at least a little better than China.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            I don't know Dan, maybe you need to go out of the house/flat naked if you wish to avoid all Chinese goods.
            I don't have any problem with Chinese goods other than food. Further, I don't have any problem with Chinese food not made in China.

But I hear stories coming out of China with regard to food for sale whose ingredients are not as stated...
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              It had a white rabbit on the label
              Follow the white rabbit.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's got opium in it.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Pesticide in some bad chinesse green tea....
                  bleh

Comment

I remember seeing a small American flag for sale. It said on the tag "Made in China". Whee.
                    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Edited, Now the good quotes:

""Hey buddy, my daddy died for that flag."

"Really? Cause... I bought mine. Yeah, they sell them at K Mart."

"He died in the Korean War."

"Wow, what a coinsidence, mine was made in Korea."
                      -- Bill Hicks
                      Last edited by CrONoS; December 7, 2005, 21:49.
                      bleh

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread but I've just read a funny quotes from death comedian bill hicks:
                        "And I knew Bill Clinton became one of the boys when he bombed Iraq. Remember that? It was just a little news story for two days, isn't that interesting? He launched 22 cruise missles against Baghdad in retalliation for the alleged assassination attempt against George Bush which failed. We killed six innocent people, launching twenty two, I think three million dollars-a-piece missles on Baghdad, killing six innocent people. Umm...I think that's a little bit overdoing it if you ask me. You know what we should have done? We should have embarrased the Iraqians. You know what I mean? Here's how we could do it: WE should have assassinated Bush, and said "That's how you do it Towelhead, don't **** with us!". And see, if Bush had been the one who would have died there would have been NO loss of innocent life."
                        bleh

Comment

Working...
                        X