My candy cane says Made In China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My candy cane says Made In China

...should I eat it, or should I treat it like the Chinese "baby food formula" and pass?

What say you? How can I know to trust it?

Says imported by Oriental Trading Company of Omaha, Nebraska.
    Yes, even if it's like Chinese baby formula, it's probably not extremely toxic
    66.67%
    No, you can never be sure what the Chinese put in their food for sale!
    16.67%
    Only if the candy cane is banana-flavored
    16.67%
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

This is a chance to sacrifice your body to science! Eat it, I say!!!

Comment

I'm in favor of DanS eating things that might have a chance of making him sick.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

OMFG A talking Candy Cane!!!!?

Does it have a Chinese accent?! Does it speak English?!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Depends on what kind of PCP you've been smoking.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Maybe it's got really powerful drugs in to make you incredibly left wing.....
            You might end up as a centrist with that kind of swing.

Comment

It had a white rabbit on the label
              Monkey!!!

Comment

It can't be any worst than the Chinese sorghum psuedo-absinthe I've been drinking
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I don't know Dan, maybe you need to go out of the house/flat naked if you wish to avoid all Chinese goods.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I don't know Dan, maybe you need to go out of the house/flat naked if you wish to avoid all Chinese goods.
                    Nothing Chinese makes it to Arkansas except worthless junk like plastic kid party favors and shoddily made seasonal "heirlooms" like a candy tin in the shape of a Wal Mart truck.

I would expect the same thing for Virginia. Perhaps some Chinese guy made a billion candy canes 50 years ago and is opening up the warehouse and selling a few million more each year...the distance of transportation and that cost kind of outbalances anything gained by having cheaper labor, though.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

All an import company does is bring it in, handle the paperwork. They don't stand behind the product.
                      Welcome to America, soon to be Chinese run. Happy days are here again.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                        Nothing Chinese makes it to Arkansas except worthless junk like plastic kid party favors and shoddily made seasonal "heirlooms" like a candy tin in the shape of a Wal Mart truck.
                        No wonder you are paying so much
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I missed that. I'll kiss your ass and give you 20 minutes to draw a crowd if there are no Walmarts in Arkansas.

And UR, think about this one.

Inexpensive. Good quality. Quickly produced. Pick 2, because 3 isn't happening.
                          Last edited by SlowwHand; December 6, 2005, 23:54.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I eat food imported from China on nearly a daily basis, and have yet to notice any side effects.
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I might worry about the candy cane, though. Particularly because I don't recall China being a huge source of corn syrup (or corn) ... I wonder if they imported the corn syrup and then exported the candy cane, and STILL gain in the process.

If so, then China will rule the world very, very soon. Britain nearly did, by following the same process ... and China has far more raw materials of its own
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X