John Kerry is outrageous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Kerry is outrageous!

John Kerry was on Sunday's Face the Nation. Here's what he said when asked by Bob Schieffer about Liberman's comments:

"I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is, you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment; you've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis, and there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, uh-uh-uh, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the -- of -- of -- of -- historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not. Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all of the talk of 210,000 people trained, there just is no excuse for not transferring more of that authority."

Note the portion is bold. Not just Kerry falsely accuses US troops of terrorizing women and children under cover of darkness but he says that Iraqi troops should. In other words, John Kerry thinks that Iraqi troops should terrorize Iraqi women and children under cover of darkness!
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

werd
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Arrrrr, fire, bad!!!
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

A slightly longer and more accurate transcript changes the perspective somewhat:

Now Joe Lieberman, I believe, also voted for the resolution which said the president needs to make more clear what he’s doing and set out benchmarks, and that the policy hasn’t been working. We all believe him when you say, `Stay the course.’ That’s the president’s policy, which hasn’t been changing, which is a policy of failure. I don’t agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is you’ve got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment. You’ve got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis. And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the–of–the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not…

SCHIEFFER: Yeah.

Sen. KERRY: …Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all of the talk of 210,000 people trained, there just is no excuse for not transferring more of that authority.
        Police actions sometimes require actions on private homes at night, to ensure persons are present and reduce risk of resistance. Obviously, this scares the bejeezus out of the residents.

Iraqi's should be doing that.

Any questions?
        Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

He also seems to say that Iraqis would spread less "terror" not because USians are evil, but because Iraqis have same cultural background like the people in that environment, and so could act more appropriately. Debatable.
          Blah

Comment

At least the Iraqis speak the language. But they need some education in police work, like not transporting suspects in the trunk of the car and such things.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I remember Stefu discrediting him for his molten face look, but I'm backing you in this John.
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Diplomat taking quotes out of context again? How surprising.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Viking
                  Police actions sometimes require actions on private homes at night, to ensure persons are present and reduce risk of resistance. Obviously, this scares the bejeezus out of the residents.

Iraqi's should be doing that.

Any questions?
                  If he actually said that, we wouldn't be here talking about it. The context really dosen't help his case here.

Originally posted by BeBro
                  He also seems to say that Iraqis would spread less "terror" not because USians are evil, but because Iraqis have same cultural background like the people in that environment, and so could act more appropriately. Debatable.
                  That's probably what he meant, but it is nowhere near what he said.

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  Diplomat taking quotes out of context again? How surprising.
                  Except that he really didn't.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

Except that he really didn't.
                    Actually... that is exactly what diplomat did.

Thanks for playing!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I can kinda get his point. I'd rather be interrogated, and arrested by my 'own people' than filthy nasty foreigners.
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

This is sort of a tree-falling-in-the-forest question. If a remark is made on TV, and it is made by a political has-been, does it make a difference? Besides, the implication I got from it was that, if Iraqis were doing the policing, local customs would be less likely to be broken than they are by our troops. It's badly phrased, but then Kerry's no great speaker anyway.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

John Kerry is totally going to lose the election because of this!!!
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And of course Diplomat can supply us with a photo-op of Kerry landing on a US Carrier with a "Mission Accomplished" banner, to demonstrate to us all his utter ineptitude and lack of understanding about "Nation Building" which he ran against. Oh, wait, that was some other moron....
                            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I predict a 400-post long thread, constantly bumped by our spinmeisters Drake and TMM (with the occasional visit of DanS, during which he says with a straight face how he considers Oerdin "unpatriotic"), where people devote their time to arguing about the definition of "terrorise".

Comment

Working...
                              X