Greatest genius in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest genius in history

I'm curious to see who everyone thinks is the most brilliant person to ever live. This does not necessarily mean who has the highest IQ ever, but someone who was so smart they actually impacted human advancement and achievement in a significant way. Also I would not pick someone with a singular great achievement, aka Gutenberg for his printing inventions. No doubt he was smart, but doesn't really compare to the broad intellectual genius of others. Off the top of my head, these are the guys I would choose:

Isaac Newton - Arguably the greatest scientific mind ever. His contributions to science are unparalleled.

Leonardo Da Vinci - One of the most prolific individuals to ever live. He thought of things that wouldn't be thought of again for hundreds of years. I can only imagine what this guy would come up with in this day and age. Also one of the greatest artists ever.

Who do you guys think

Isaac Newton fooked up big time, fancy not twigging on about spacetime. Muppet. He deserves nothing but contempt.

Comment

Darwin

seriously
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Aristotle. No contest. Even if he was wrong about a lot of stuff, the others are lightweights compared to him.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Pekka

Comment

SC
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Can you vote for yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis

Darwin

seriously
                No doubt Darwin was a genius and his scientific theories rank as the most significant and influential of the past 200 years (Maybe only Einstien's theory of relativity can compare). But there is nothing else there to show how smart he really was. And on top of that Alfred Russel Wallace had formulated a similar theory around the same time.

Comment

Grog for inventing fishing, an Hrumpf for inventing farming.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                    Pekka
                    Another vote for the SC
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                      Can you vote for yourself?

Comment

Grog for inventing fishing
                        Grog invented dying heroically for the cause [/CivIII PTWDGI reference]. I don't think he knew how to fish

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ted Striker.

Don't get it twisted!
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Grog invented dying heroically for the cause [/CivIII PTWDGI reference]. I don't think he knew how to fish

-Arrian
                            Did your Grog have a scar under his left eye and missed his right thumb ?
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Probably Newton or Aristotle.

Comment

Working...
                              X