No announcement yet.

4 murders on a Thursday night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guns just make it easier for people to kill people. . too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      guns just make it easier for people to kill people. . too easy.
      Not really, you still have to look them eye before you shoot (the first one is always the toughest). If you want easy try nukes.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
        What else to expect when your criminals are armed to the teeth ?If you want less murders, get rid of the weapons.
        In the interest of fairness, I think Switzerland has even more guns per person, but none of the problems which USA has.

http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
          I've got a better one,

guns don't kill people, criminals kill people , if you kill someone you are a criminal, no?

ever tried to kill someone with a knife? I didn't but it is much harder thing to accomplish than with a gun, so if no guns> > less murders, perhaps lots of injured folks, and fast people running away, but surely the murder rate would drop at lot
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Thue

In the interest of fairness, I think Switzerland has even more guns per person, but none of the problems which USA has.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1566715.stm
            Because they have to, no? IIRC everyone - maybe only the males (?) - have to join the army and have a rifle. So they're trained.
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by Thue

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1566715.stm
              here comes the "gun culture" of US... into play... Canadians can own guns too but where are the murders there?

However Switzerland and Canada have a social system, almost no poverty comparing to US standards...

Not to mention that in Switzerland drug users/abusers can get help much easier and are not automatically excluded from system on jail time AFAIK... there are a lot of different social answers to the social problems in these countries which don't make people so reckless and desperate to use guns as lolipops to try and sort out their problems...

so if for any country removing guns from circulation could be a benefit it would be US. You'd still get lots of fights and other disorderly behaviour but at least it would be harder to kill the oponent... that would surely count for a reduction in murder rates.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                What else to expect when your criminals are armed to the teeth ?If you want less murders, get rid of the weapons.
                I'd rather get rid of the criminals.
                "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  America’s 25 safest big cities/metro areas with their crime index (what ever that means):

Scranton-Wilkes-Barre-Hazleton PA 2,540.
                  Harrisburg-Lebanon-Carlisle PA 2,563.4
                  Pittsburgh PA 2,772.
                  Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton PA
                  Philadelphia PA-NJ 3,389.
                  Nice to see 1/5th of the list is Pennsylvania.

I was supprised to find Philadelphia on the list of safest cities but I guess the suburbs are a nice quiet place.

I live in the northern suburbs, and I feel relatively safe in my neighborhood. Most of the "crime" in my area is of the stupid kids variety - minor vandalism and such.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I live in Warwick Township, PA which is in that Harrisburg/Lebanon/Carlisle area yet in one week we had a policeman shot serving a warrant followed by that crazy 18 year old who shot his 14 year old girlfriend's parents then ran off with her. (Yet it still seems like a quiet area )
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                    2004 Presidential Candidate
                    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                    X