What makes a good T-shirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a good T-shirt?

I assume that many of the people round here are t-shirt wearers.... what draws you towards the purchase of a shirt? Of course, things like quality and a price are a given, but I'm thinking in terms of style, cut and design. Or do you don't care as long as it's cheap and it fits?

What would you class as a cool, funky and witty design? Would you be able to overlook price just because it was really cool? Would you wear something more risque? If so, how far can it go?

Or.... would such a t-shirt be deemed pretentious?

And yeah, I do have an ulterior motive for asking these questions...

The colour has to be right. I bought a T-shirt I'd normally consider too trendy last week just because it was such a good colour.
    If any of the US posters can find me a cheap Vikings shirt (that they wouldn't be embarassed to buy, since we're so godawful), then PM me with the price and I can paypal you the cash.

Comment

A good T-shirt must be different.

Comment

Cheap, fits, dark in colour, and have not obvious trademarks or the like.

I do make an exception for my CivIII Collector's Edition t-shirt.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
          Cheap, fits, dark in colour, and have not obvious trademarks or the like.

I do make an exception for my CivIII Collector's Edition t-shirt.
          Christ, a cheapskate AND a nerd!!

Comment

Cotton with a pocket.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

it should have an amusing message like

I'M WITH STUPID
              <-------

or

GOOD NEWS!
              You're a 10!
              BAD NEWS!
              On the Ugly List!

CSPA

Comment

Hmmmm.... a nice pair of breasts and lots of moisture
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  Hmmmm.... a nice pair of breasts and lots of moisture
                  QFMINGPWNZ
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

for me, I like funny stuff on a t-shirt...

like when I pick out a shirt or where one, I want it to be the kind of shirt that people will see and go "hahahah that is awesome, look at the shirt!"

I made a shirt out of that INCOMING avatar I have

it came out really good

stuff like that is what I look for in a shirt

and I have my Chicago Bears T-Shirt that I wear on GAME DAY
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Plain white t-shirt

or anything that just says 'staff' on the back, that never gets old.
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Quite a few of the T-shirts I have are plain-ish. Black, white, (dark) grey and red seem to do well, and yellow a bit. Not such a fan of green. I don't really care too much for slogans or t-shirts that are too fancy and "busy". And I try to avoid ones that are too drab. Though that seems to involve most men's t-shirts. I noticed that a while ago when I was shopping with my sister. The women's clothing was all bright, pastel colours and white, and the men's section was all grey, brown, navy and other dark colours.

I kinda like the designs to be minimalistic and, hmmm, "sharp", kind of abstract? I rather like my red and black Che Guevara t-shirt, for instance. Not so much because of Che Guevara, but just because of the "photo" and the design. And I have this Hobbit T-shirt, which is black with a bright-coloured Tolkien drawing on it... And a dark-blue T-shirt with this image on it.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

What makes a good T-shirt?

These days, mostly automated machines. But I'm told they do great work in Thailand with teenage girls on bad wages.

(rimshot)
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

A good t-shirt has an intimidating picture of the Mad Hatter on it.

One of life's little joys is giving a presentation to your boss while wearing a tie-dyed shirt.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

It would be nice if we can put our own designs on t-shirts
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X