No announcement yet.

In which I vent, nonspecifically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll do 'em for a fee! ($5 less than whatever Skanky and Dauphin are charging )

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york

Bloody hell. Still, you'll need expensive people to fill in all the paperwork properly.
      No you don't. I did it myself in about 2 hours, a book, and a couple of phone calls.

Starting a company in the US is quite easy.

Comment

'polycom corp? What are the dividends like?

Comment

ApolyCon isn't a corporation but a chartered association as defined under IRS 501(c)(6) guidelines. By law any excess proceeds from the Convention have to be donated to a specified charity.

Comment

Can I suggest the duke o' york beer fund? (Registration pending )

Comment

Sorry, but the law dictates that it be given to an American charity.

Comment

It quite honestly saddens me to find that it's so difficult to start a company elsewhere.

Comment

It's not that difficult (try starting a plc ), but it's just not worth it for smaller businesses, because of the tax and financial reporting requirements.

Comment

To start a Ltd here requires a starting capital of about $15k, but there are no fees, near as I'm aware.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                    X