Belgian "Girl Next Door" Becomes Iraqi Suicide Bomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sphinx871
    I guess the picture answers my question. I was just curious why her 'handlers' would waste such a valuable asset as a northern European suicide bomber in Iraq instead of Europe or the U.S., where she'd be immune to profiling and could achieve a higher death toll.
    Because they are stupid and small minded.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

She was walking around in the full burqa, no one would have been able to tell she was European.

Comment

I don't believe Iraqi women normally wear burqahs, but you've got a point. Still, it was a waste of a valuable asset if the people who sent her were orthodox QA-style Islamists wanting to bring death and destruction to the West. She may have picked her own target, perhaps as revenge for the killing of her husband, or have been sent by a group that only cares for getting the yanks out of Iraq.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

so we're basically admitting that getting out of Iraq would mean giving these persons a chance to focus on Europe
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

That makes no sense at all.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
              How can exactly an immigrant get a Belgian name and surname? And, when was the last time you heard about muslims with non-mulsim names?
              The last time I spoke with that convert.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Ageism. Painting someone as young is a way of disparaging them regardless of their age. Like calling black men "boy". To be young is an epitaph more than a reality. So this woman did something really stupid, so calling her young is a way to discredit and insult her.
                Oh quit being such a baby!
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

A woman reads Belgium's newspaper 'La Derniere Heure' that headlines 'This is our Belgian Kamikaze killed in Iraq'

Why, when newspapers translate things from other languages, do they do their best to make them sound retarded?

The word for "our" in French is "notre". As you can see for yourself, the word "notre" appears nowhere in that headline. The article used is "la", meaning "the". Also, in this context I would assign the phrase "Here is" rather than "This is" to the word "Voici" in the original.

"Here is the Belgian Kamikaze killed in Iraq"

How ****ing hard was that?
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

hehe, I think its funny all the people here questioning the tactics of the islamacists. Thank goodness you guys aren't in charge, then we'd really be screwed. Maybe they'll e-mail you to ask for advice.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                      I don't believe Iraqi women normally wear burqahs, but you've got a point. Still, it was a waste of a valuable asset if the people who sent her were orthodox QA-style Islamists wanting to bring death and destruction to the West. She may have picked her own target, perhaps as revenge for the killing of her husband, or have been sent by a group that only cares for getting the yanks out of Iraq.
                      Shi'a from small or especially religious communities wear burkas though Sunni Arabs, Kurds, or Assyrians would be shocked if their women started wearing the whole Darth Vader outfit.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                        hehe, I think its funny all the people here questioning the tactics of the islamacists. Thank goodness you guys aren't in charge, then we'd really be screwed. Maybe they'll e-mail you to ask for advice.
                        I do freelance consultation on terror tactics for a very reasonable $100/h.

Comment

*bump*

PRAISE ALLAH
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                          X