Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

England may have to experience real winters within next decade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH
    that'd be retarded
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Average winter temperature in London is 5C. Even if it lowers by a few degrees we aren't going to have that kind of weather very often.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

That reminds me of the walk to school.

(I actually lived in the rural fringe of the GTA. Rural Canada is a nightmare so I spent as much time as possible in Toronto. The city was always my home, that ....village I lived in was just a place to eat and sleep)
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

but if gulf stream really shuts down... welome canada to UK... now that would be fun, the whole country would go bankrupt just to improve insulation on all the houses...

When it was just below zero for a few days this November we had to keep the radiator up at 25C all the time in order not to be freezing, now when it is +5 as usual... you'd boil in the house with heating at +25. I wouldn't want to imagine what would it be at -10 for a few days
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
            That reminds me of the walk to school
            Toronto only gets 60% of Montreal's snowfall. Face it. We send foreigners to Toronto for a couple of years to acclimatise...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The British can't insulate their houses for ****e. And it drives me insane that all the radiators I've seen are placed on exterior facing walls under windows. If the market ever lets me onto the property ladder, the first thing I do is make a house suited for the winter.

Mwhahahaha. Let them all freeze.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Toronto only gets 60% of Montreal's snowfall. Face it. We send foreigners to Toronto for a couple of years to acclimatise...
                I visited Montreal once. It's a lovely village.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Yeah, the homes in Baltimore aren't built for winter either.

It's ****ing cold as balls downstairs because the windows let ****ing gusts of air in.

Baltimore's a city where they're constantly surprised when it snows. It happens every year, and they freak out every time.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's 'cause we don't need to and it's cheaper to build them like that.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild

I visited Montreal once. It's a lovely village.
                      Pfffffft.

It's 3X bigger than every city in the UK save London.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

1.8 million in the city 1 million in Birmingham City so less than twice as big.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Pfffffft.

It's 3X bigger than every city in England save London.
                          That's so cute.

/me gives KrazyHorse a cookie.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

We've got both kinds

Comment

How the hell did they convince a million people to live in Birmingham?
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Mostly black magic, some forced labour.
                                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                                X