Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

England may have to experience real winters within next decade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England may have to experience real winters within next decade!

· Slowing of current by a third in 12 years could bring more extreme weather · Temperatures in Britain likely to drop by one degree in next decade

Now you guys will know how we feel in america. . Okay I don't have room to talk because I live in the desert. But I'm still an american- sort of.

Get ready for a 1 degree C drop in temperature within the next decade.

Maybe The Guardian should petition Ohio voters individually to strongly oppose any cooling of the Gulf Stream.

Comment

I'll be an Ohio voter shortly!

It's snowing here
      Monkey!!!

Comment

w00t! The article mentions my university!
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Well, let's hope they handle it better than the French did that "heat wave" a few years back.

Comment

OMG. IT'S A LIBRUL CONSPIRACY BY AMERICA-HATERS TO TAKE AWAY OUR SUVS AND DISTROY OUR ECONOMY. GOD'S JUST PUNISHING THOSE EVIL, GODLESS EUROPEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So they get some winter. It's not like they were previously known for the sunny beaches.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I've been in the UK in the winter. Real winter would be an improvement.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Tis true. Our current winters are cold and wet. At least a proper winter would have snow, thus allowing moisture to leave the air.

Having wintered in Canada and England, while I've been in colder weather in Canada, the wet English chill is definately worse.

We're having our coldest winter for a while now and I'm finding it most enjoyable.

And w00t, go UEA getting mentioned in the article!
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                    Having wintered in Canada
                    Correction: Toronto
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's what I said. I wintered in Canada. At least, the part of Canada that has roads and doesn't live in constant fear of the day-star not returning.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Hey Mike, weren't you the one who asked me why we wasted money on snowplows instead of just salting the roads?

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No. I don't think so anyway, that'd be retarded. I might have been trolling though but I can't imagine I'd be trolling about that.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

See you in 20 years, sucker.
                              Attached Files
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X