Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farcical Pace Prawnsalad Done in Trance

This just came in on the wires.

Apparently a chef at the Bellevue Hotel Restaurant & Pedicure Clinic in Trenton, NJ got an order for a prawn salad last Friday - mere seconds before he fell into a trance that rendered him unable to prepare more than 1/8 of a prawn every 2 hours.

Yesterday, at around 6 p.m. local time he finally completed the entrée, only to find that the customer had changed his mind and now wanted to skip the first course and just grab some chili and a medium sized Coke. A spokesperson for the hotel, Mr. Norman "Sparky" Watkins, speaking on the condition that there be no mention of his inability to satisfy his wife in bed, expected the new order to be completed "well before Christmas, absolutely".

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

what?

Comment

Forgot to mention, it says clearly at the bottom of the wire that this news story is not to be released in Germany, as there'd be no point whatsoever.

Comment

One more of these stories and we're pulling an 1864 on ya

Comment

Great thread
            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Ah yes, the last war you were any good at, 140 years ago.

Still, it's a better record than ours.

Comment

didn't they also do a 1870 ?

Anyway, if they try, they'll just get yet another 1918/1945
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes, but Denmark managed to hide under some jackets in the corner in 1870-71, so that one doesn't count.

Comment

Let's see what kind of Quislingness you will pull this time (isn't Norway historically a part of Denmark anyway?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Let's see what kind of Quislingness you will pull this time (isn't Norway historically a part of Denmark anyway?)
                      Of course it is , just as most of northern germany - though the Quisling is problably some evil swedish descendant
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Superb
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Such are the things that dreams are made of....

Comment

Well, that's an event.
                            What?

Comment

Working...
                            X