Partial Face Transplant Done in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubber
    A complete face transplant was done of the Nip/Tuck Tv show I saw a few weeks back. Although the surgery was "flawless", the patient rejected the new face and they had to later remove it.

It was actually an interesting subplot in a show I generally watch for the sex

I respect a man who knows what he wants.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What a herd of jackasses. This isn't botox injections.

Woman Says 'Merci' After Face Transplant

By EMMA ROSS, AP Medical Writer
      5 minutes ago

LYON, France - A woman who underwent the world's first partial face transplant regained consciousness 24 hours after the groundbreaking operation and her first words were "thank you," one of her doctors said Friday.

The 38-year-old woman, whose identity has not been disclosed, was mauled by a dog in May. She underwent the transplant Sunday at a hospital in Amiens, northern France. The donor was a brain dead woman.

The operation was done by Dr. Jean-Michel Dubernard and Dr. Bernard Devauchelle.
      Complete Update
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Faceoff. B movie.
        I got it, just thought we'd avoid the obvious.

What a herd of jackasses
        hey!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I wonder how much control of her facial expressions she'll be able to regain.
          What?

Comment

update:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

pretty awsome
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Indeed
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

lol YOUR FACE LOL
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd hit it.

Comment

Working...
                  X