Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
      Does it fix the ****ing bookmark-eating bug?
      That never happened on my Linux boxes, though it happened a couple of times on the Windows machine at home. Fortunately I was using Bookmarks Synchronizer, so I just downloaded my bookmarks again.

However it ate some of my other stored info too.
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Well, I'm giving it a try but has anyone noticed a real difference between Mozilla and Safari? In fact Safari's the only thing I actually like about Mac OS. Is Firefox more stable? Better somehow?
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Safari had problems with some PHP scriipts, that's why we used Camino (something like that) on the Mac to test our packages.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico
            Well, I'm giving it a try but has anyone noticed a real difference between Mozilla and Safari? In fact Safari's the only thing I actually like about Mac OS. Is Firefox more stable? Better somehow?
            I would use Camino. I've tried Safari, Camino, IE, and Firefox - on a PC, Firefox is a necessity. With a Mac, I would take Camino, with CamiOptions (change theme and other options). Now, maybe Asher will come along and list how Firefox is much much more advanced than it's cousin Camino, and maybe it is. All I know is, Camino feels just as fast as Firefox, and does a much better job at blocking web ads - with Firefox and Adblock, I would have to manually block images all the time. With Camino, you select the option to block ads, and they are simply gone. I used Firefox after Asher posted this thread, in preparation for updating, and was amazed at how many ads I had NOT been seeing, by using Camino.

Maybe Camino will die a slow death with Firefox taking its talent and resources. But at least for now, I find Camino to be a great browser.

Kudos to Mozilla

Comment

Firefox 1.5

Well, how is it?

I upgraded yesterday, and I must admit it does feel quicker to some extent.

Though it did have troubles with this one site that had a ton of animated gifs, and blinking text, and the scrolling and mouse movement was really f***ed up.

Comment

Care to tell what the site was, or was it a "personal art" site ?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Link?

Is this the non-BETA 1.5?
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Merged

Comment

Thanks, now my post looks idiotic.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                        Care to tell what the site was, or was it a "personal art" site ?

Uhm... err.... I lost the link! Yeah that's it!

Comment

Working...
                        X