Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patroklos

Source?

Personal experience from actually being on the ground and fighting along side the actual units we are discussing here.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      Do you know what the term combat ready means?
      You're asking Carmen Miranda?
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I just googled that and clicked the first link.

Just about died when the audio started up.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

The police aren't a combat force. The numbers were for combat ready units. Think a little more before you post and you won't have these embarassing little smack downs happen to you.
          You're talking to a squid. An occifer, no less. What they know about combat is what they've read in a Tom Clancy book.

"Don't call me sir, I work for a living."
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Sgt. Hulka
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
              Sgt. Hulka
              He's our Big Toe.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Personal experience from actually being on the ground and fighting along side the actual units we are discussing here.
                A year ago, restricted about 5% of the country. And I read his blog like everyone here and there is nothing in it that makes him more qualified to access the combat effectivness of units he has never observed in areas he has never been in a tactical climate very disimilar to what he experianced.

It is like asking me about submarine warfare off the coast of Bali. Far to specific for me to give you anything but the basics.

I respect Oerdin for what his personal observations are worth, this is not one were those are relevant.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Bush is dying?

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                    Source? Let me guess, you are going to pull out a comment from some random Captain or Major who is the desenting opinion out of 10,000 other equally or more qualified officers, if you offer one at all.
                    U.S. general: Single Iraqi unit is combat ready

WASHINGTON - The number of Iraqi battalions capable of combat without U.S. support has dropped from three to one, the top American commander in Iraq told Congress Thursday, prompting Republicans to question whether U.S. troops will be able to withdraw next year.
                    Emphasis added.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

So...did he announce the pullout yet?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Nope, looks like today's speech was in the "stay the course" vein.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

And those statistics mean what with regards to the important matters, like the political makeup of the country?

I am sorry, but its foolish to think the Salafists and the AQ types have a chance in hell of taking over Iraq., The problem is civil war, and a high number of Level 1 or 2 Battalions is not going to really matter if the problem becomes who gives those battalions orders.
                          I was responding specifically to the quote in Kaplan, which Oerdin quoted. I was not addressing the problem the issue you raise - Oerdin raised a similar issue, and ive already shared that concern. It is difficult to move on to subtle and difficult discussions when people beleive incorrect things about such basic facts.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

U.S. general: Single Iraqi unit is combat ready

Emphasis added.

and again, without US support means without even logistics or maintenance support, areas were the Iraqis are particularly weak.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, released today:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Sorry Oerdin, looks like there's no giving up in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                                Nope, looks like today's speech was in the "stay the course" vein.
                                accompanied by a 30 page detailed strategy, online at Whitehouse.gov

Comment

Working...
                                X