Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rehabilitation Possible After This Death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rehabilitation Possible After This Death?

Texas Woman Mauled to Death by Six Dogs

28 minutes ago

THORNDALE, Texas - A pack of six dogs mauled a 76-year-old woman to death as she worked in her yard, authorities said.

Lillian Loraine Stiles was riding on a lawn mower in her front yard Saturday when she was confronted by the dogs, described as pit bull-rottweiler mixed breeds, said Milam County Sheriff Charlie West.

Investigators think Stiles was attacked when she got off the mower and headed into her house.

Stiles had severe bites over her entire body, and a man who tried to help her was bitten on one leg, authorities said.

The dogs were found at the home of Stiles' neighbor, Jose Hernandez.

The sheriff's department will send the findings of its investigation to the Milam County District Attorney's Office, which will decide if any criminal charges will be filed against Hernandez.

Thorndale is located about 70 miles west of College Station.
    You're in charge.
    The dogs? The owner? The woman?
    Preventive measure of some kind? What is a suitable penalty for your finding of guilt?

Deterrent and penalty, please.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

the dogs should be destroyed... obviously

and this scumbag owner should be charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

I don't know what he should be charged with, specifically... I'm not an expert on law and I don't know what the evidence is. The DA should try to get the harshest punishment possible. If that is murder, then charge him with murder. But if the evidence is not there for a murder charge, then manslaughter or whatever.

My aunt and uncle have had two pit bulls. They are very sweet dogs. For dogs like that to be violent, you need to train them to be violent. This scumbag obviously trained them to attack and should be held responsible for this. I wouldn't be surprised if these dogs were being used in fights or something.

I feel bad for the dogs. They should put the owner to sleep instead of the dogs. It's not their fault if they were trained to be violent.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

seeing how this is texas, the owner should get the death penalty. that would be in line.

but with a name like jose, he first has to be dragged behind a pickup for 200 yards.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Prevenitve measure: exterminate all dogs on earth
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          Prevenitve measure: exterminate all dogs on earth

Comment

Well, Mr. Lawrence Wiseass, Jose is an Hispanic name. The case to which you refer, the victim was Black.
            If you're going to be a wiseass, get your facts straight in advance.

What I anticipate is that the dogs will be destroyed. I agree it's not their fault, and that rather it was their traininging that made them as they are. But the facts is, they are the way they are now.
            Again, as Sava spoke of, I'm no legal expert, but i do envision a charge of criminal negligence against the owner.
            These are punishments.

Is there anything that can be done to deter this event?
            We have to assume there are laws on the books in this community that address keeping one's dogs restrained. Be that as it may, it didn't help in this case.
            What about the number of dogs? A pack, a gang, are swifter to violence than when acting singularly. Do you agree with that statement?
            How is it prevented from happening again? How is it deterred? To what extent? Any dog caught roaming around, taken in and gassed? Fine the owner, in addition to the bailing out from doggie jail?
            Though rare, it does happen. This is not an isolated once-in-a-lifetime event.
            Well, in the woman's case it may have been. I speak of overall.
            Last edited by SlowwHand; November 27, 2005, 17:07.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well, Mr. Lawrence Wiseass, Jose is an Hispanic name. The case to which you refer, the victim was Black.
              If you're going to be a wiseass, get you facts straight in advance.
              I did get my facts straight, they are both minorities!
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Re: Rehabilitation Possible After This Death?

Originally posted by SlowwHand

You're in charge.
                The dogs? The owner? The woman?
                Preventive measure of some kind? What is a suitable penalty for your finding of guilt?

the dogs have to be destroyed. their owner's negligence allowed this to happen, and as such he is responsible for it. death penalty.

Comment

Is there anything that can be done to deter this event?
                  Wasn't it Denver that made pit bulls illegal in the city limits? That seems like a surefire way. Most attacks I hear about are by dogs that have at least some pit bull in them.
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Pitt Bull Germany!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      My aunt and uncle have had two pit bulls. They are very sweet dogs.
                      It's attitudes like this that still allow people to have these faulty weapons lying around their homes. Pit bulls do not "have to be trained" to be violent. They have a temperment problem. One always hears in the attack stories people talking about how sweet their dogs were, until one day, they just went off for no reason and killed someone.

Pit bulls are bred to be violent animals, and no amount of loving and tenderness will take that out of them, just like tigers and lions are still wild animals even if raised by people who love them and treat them with the utmost kindness. Sigfried and Roy didn't torment their tigers, but look what happened. The animals are congenitally defective, and the various breeds should be outlawed. A pit bull is a loaded weapon. Just cuz you don't point it at someone doesn't mean it can't kill someone.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Rehabilitation Possible After This Death?

Have the dogs put down. Have the owner jailed for a lengthy chunk of time.

Comment

The dogs should be destroyed. Their owner should be made to bare full responsibility and be charged with murder or at least manslaughter. 10-20 in prison as the minimum sentence. That'll send a message to all such owners that think these types of breeds are sweet an' cud-duh-wee witty snookum bunnies and make just the perfect pet to have a pack of roaming uncontrolled in the streets.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            Sigfried and Roy didn't torment their tigers, but look what happened.
                            The white tiger did not suddenly lose its mind and attacked Roy (or was it the other guy)? If that was the case he would have been ripped to shreds. The story is, the tiger was spooked somehow, and tried to dragged Roy away thinking there was danger. Of course, you're talking about a tiger kind of drag, so a little bit of force still did a lot of damage to a human.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The dogs should immediately be destroyed, the owner should go to jail for negligent manslaughter, the owner should lose everything s/he owns in law suits, a new law should be passed to ban violent breeds since most bad maulings seem to always be from the same breeds. If a ban isn't possible then huge licencing fees should be charge to discourage people from getting the dogs and breeders should be taxed out of existance having to prove their dog's aren't violent.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X