No announcement yet.

Is this right or wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a catholic school and recieved reduced lunch fares those were govt funds .

A minor amount of federal funds doesn't change a program from private to public. But there is an argument (which may or may not work) that if the schools take in vouchers, a good deal, if not all, of their budgets are funded by the public tax revenue. This is different than public lunch fares or public textbooks.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It depends on the state. Some states require private schools to teach certain subjects, others don't. I can't imagine South Carolina forcing Christian schools to teach evil-ution. As a religious organization, however, they are exempt from a lot of labor laws.

Turns out, they can't even make political statements, unless they support the government's position, apparently. I doubt the IRS will be investigating all those churches that told their members to vote for Bush.

As for the person who exposed himself, since I don't know anything other than that, I am refraining from cruxifying him on the altar of "teh children." Frankly, children are highly overrated. I'm increasing in favor of child leash and muzzle laws, but that might just be because of the holiday shopping.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Thursday I was driving to my sister's house when we passed a van from a church youth group. It was plastered with Bush '04 stickers and "Yes on prop 23" (the anti-abortion prop which gets shot down each election but which religious nutjobs keep putting on the ballot each election). Why hasn't this church group lost its tax free status? Why do I only hear about the administration going after church groups which don't support the administration?

What happened to equal enforcement of the law?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You know damn well what happened to it.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
            Ok first of all i didnt ask for the definition of pedophile second i wouldnt want that creep teachin in my kids school. I dont know about you but thats fine. If you want to get technical all the teachers in the public schools are on cntract as well. Oh as for the contract thats fine i see ur point she is on contract violated the contract. so fine she is fired, but if you ask me i think id rather have the pregnant teacher teaching my kid the then the guy exposing himself
            If he exposed himself to an adult, then what makes him a creep? Didn't that woman have to "expose herself" while getting pregnant? Unless having sex with one's clothes on is less of a problem...

What if she got knocked up in a public bathroom?

I don't see where you get this vast difference between these two people. Going out and having sex with random men (or women) is a-ok. Meeting with one adult man (or woman) and flopping your wang around in a bathroom is a twisted act of a pedophile.

Huh?
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

And I sincerely doubt he just walked up and "flopped it out" to the undercover cop. Things just don't work that way. I'm sure the cop pretended to flirt with him and made it obvious he was "interested" in the guy. There does tend to be a level of entrapment in those types of stings.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
              X