Is this right or wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
    But isn't marital status part of your right to privacy?
    Why would it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      Confess your sins = Lose your job.
      What message does this send to the young women in the school?
      Erm, how would she have hidden being pregnant?

Comment

tough to say. Of course, normally, this would be idiotic but this would be special case. I say, since it's private school, the private school rules go.

Is it right or wrong, I don't know. But the rules apply IMO.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Easy to say Pekka, it's a Catholic school so it's Catholic rules!!

I don't see any problem with them sacking her?

BTW I'm an athiest.

Comment

you know you didn't get +1 for repeating what I just said?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Not in Off-Topic.......

You did say 'tough decision' though....it's not IMHO. Easy pick!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                For example, if this woman was a nun and she became pregnant, would people really be mad if the nunnery said get out?

Well, it would be historically amusing, as becoming pregnant while not married was historically a common reason for being forced to enter a nunnery.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: Is this right or wrong?

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  but on another level I find it repulsive that an employer could fire an employee for being pregnant.

That'll teach you breeders.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

And I suppose she had sex with her husband as per church policy also.

Private organisations are allowed to maintain their standards, particularly regarding situations like this one. If we believe that the Catholic church should sack priests who violate their vows, why should they treat their other employees any differently?
                    Priests isn't common employees.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Wow this is wonderful to read, This woman teacher gets pregnant with out a husband and is fired, and i another school a public school a man is arrested for exposing him self to an undercover cop in a park and is merely suspended till the outcome of his trial. What hell has happened to our priorities.. Best get the Ester prinn *itch out of ours schools, but by all means lets just suspend the pedophile so he can hire a fancy lawyer get off and get back to teaching our young children
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

young children? Children are by definition young.. why would you say young children instead of youth or children?
                        In da butt.

Comment

Your point being completely inane, of course, because they are two completely different school systems.

Comment

He exposed himself to an undercover cop and is a pediphile? Is Texas so short on cops that they're recruiting children now?

As for the religious school, as its a religious institution, as long as it takes no money from the government (i.e. those vouchers conservatives love), it doesn't have to obey certain employment laws. On the other hand, if it takes said money, it does.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              Your point being completely inane, of course, because they are two completely different school systems.

Are you really saying that phedophily is ok as long as it happens in private schools ?
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No, that the private school may also care about pedophilia - we don't know how they prioritize it.

Comment

Working...
                                X