No announcement yet.

FEMA proud of its accomplishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in the real Welfareland, we don't have hurricanes.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      The goverment of New Orleans is more to blame than FEMA.

It was them who forced the people to stay inside the city. When they could have simply walked accross the bridge to safety.
      No, that was the governments of the surrounding parishes, trying to keep out looters.

NOLA was caught flat-footed to be sure. They didn't expect the city to flood, or at least not so quickly. The busses actualy were supposed to be used for the evacuation, but only after the storm passed.

It's been so long since they'd had a real storm they forgot that the roads become pretty much impassable after a storm.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Brownie, you're doin' a great job" -Shrub

Comment

what it does show is how people without qualifications can get into high ranking goverment positions. Hence my dislike for large goverments. They tend to be inneficient and full of incomepetant jackasses (present company exluded of course ). That Bush could appoint someone with no qualification is beyong excuse. But that doesn't excuse the local goverments. Some of the things the governor said were just inane. I have never seen a worse governor (in modern times)

Comment

Working...
          X