Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the American "The Office" eclipsed the British "The Office"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And tell me that "Coupling" isn't a British version of "Friends".

ROLFROFLORFL MUST GET OUT OF THIS THREAD NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES DISASTER AREA! MUEAHEHahaeheahaeae right on bro..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, do you SERIOUSLY think the American version of "The Office" is a joke every minute or so? There is a lot of time in it building up jokes and not rattling off a joke every X amount of time.

And it gets high ratings indicating Americans aren't "bored" with that style.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

because you obiviously miss my point that I'm not talking about punch lines here.

I never said the US version is bad. You're being sensitive for some reason.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka beat me to it...

Okay, I admit there were some "seriously" funny American shows way back then, like All In The Family (another Brit rehash btw), Soap, Mary Hartman Mary Hartman and Cheers
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

but my point isn't to bash US shows here. I'm not making the US vs UK here at all. I'm saying it's different. And I do think the current hottest show is American (comedy) so .. there. Then again I hope we still get the third season of it, I am talking about the Chapelle's Show of course.. now THAT is comedy gold.
            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

Pekka beat me to it...

Okay, I admit there were some "seriously" funny American shows way back then, like All In The Family (another Brit rehash btw), Soap, Mary Hartman Mary Hartman and Cheers
              WTF? Of the only ones listed there, Cheers was funny. The others were not.

You guys have strange tastes.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ah yeah, I forgot. Canadians are Americans too

Time for another 'Allo 'Allo thread methinks...
                Once again...

Comment

hey 'Allo 'Allo was good... there's fine Canadian comedy too.. I think that Trailer Park Boys is a great show.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Ah yeah, I forgot. Canadians are Americans too

Time for another 'Allo 'Allo thread methinks...
                    Canadians know humour better than the Dutch -- it's a FACT.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Canadians know humour better than the Dutch -- it's a FACT.
                      Oh man, I'm like totally pWnd now
                      Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Well if you can't appreciate Fawlty Towers then there isn't much hope for you.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh man, I'm like totally pWnd now
                          Yes, yes you are...

Dutch people simply cannot comment on humour, it's like the Nazis commenting on human rights.

Comment

Ouch!! But you know they got the weed down so.. it's not like they need quality comedy.

Oh and just to be clear, I didn't insult anyone, or anything in here tonight, you are all good souls. If someone got that impression, GET OVER YOURSELVES. (you losers).
                            In da butt.

Comment

Why is it funny that Coupling is a British version of Friends? It's completely obvious. Coupling may be funnier, but it's based on the same formula. Hell, even the 3 main females to 3 main males equation is the same!
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

and that's the only thing that is same (3 males, 3 females).

Please, now that we're finally going to agree that it's all OK, don't start wars. Don't be rude. Just accept it.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X