Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other nation's culture do you admire the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly bloom

Mediaeval: Hanseatic/<...>
    Been to Tallinn?
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

Las Vegas isn't run by christian fundies. We're a bunch of heathens.
      yet the city is home to second largest Mormon community.

Personally I'd go for ancient Rome - sex orgies
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        Canadians really just want to be americans. They don't count.
        No, we just want to be left alone by Americans. We've succeeded in accomplishing that for 191 years now.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

No, we just want to be left alone by Americans. We've succeeded in accomplishing that for 191 years now.
          because I have canadian blood and grew up on da border of new brunswick/quebec and maine
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus

yet the city is home to second largest Mormon community.

Personally I'd go for ancient Rome - sex orgies
            the thing about religious people in my city. They don't practice what they preach. So I don't consider them real religious people. If they were, they wouldn't be living here.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Been to Tallinn?

Not yet. It's on my list of things to do, as a friend went several years ago and had high praise for the architecture, helpful inhabitants and handsome men.

Ideally I'd like to do several Hanse towns in a trip in a few different countries.

The Common Market's forerunner.

I like the idea of any association of free city states that transcends national boundaries.

Of course you know our currency takes its name from the Hanse merchants in the east of London- the Easterlings = pounds sterling.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Not yet. It's on my list of things to do, as a friend went several years ago and had high praise for the architecture, helpful inhabitants and handsome men.

Ideally I'd like to do several Hanse towns in a trip in a few different countries.

The Common Market's forerunner.

I like the idea of any association of free city states that transcends national boundaries.

Of course you know our currency takes its name from the Hanse merchants in the east of London- the Easterlings = pounds sterling.
                Yea, just be aware of Finns stumbling around drunk (with an occasional Lithuanian from time to time). Avoid sushi place called Silk like the plague.

Yea, I know about sterling. I think I read it in Acroyds Biography of London. What a thick book, both literally and literary.
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Yea, just be aware of Finns stumbling around drunk ...

Yea, I know about sterling. I think I read it in Acroyds Biography of London. What a thick book, both literally and literary.

It's certainly hefty. A good read in parts, although a tendency to digress here and there. More photographs would have been a good idea, but if you have something like Ian Nairn's 'Nairn's London' as well, it rounds out the history with some great images and tips for walking tours too.

Nairn was one of the first great post-war campaigners attempting to save the architectural heritage and built landscape of the United Kingdom.

You won't be surprised to find out he died prematurely aged of alcoholism and disappointment.

Attached Files
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                  X