Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other nation's culture do you admire the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my favorite foreign culture is the human culture
    :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      None, honestly. This nation has so many jerks and so many things are just wrong, but I'm so sure that others ain't better from an overall perspective, that I'd pick to live here any time I could, as far as the culture rating is concerned.

If I had to pick one, American would be the one. More liberal than most European societies.

I just hate when people tell me what way to think is the best, and how much they despise other ways of living/thinking.
      every nation has guys of all types... somewhere.
      even guys that like to take saunas with plants.
      thus now i threadjack this discussion to which nations GIRLS do you admirethe most?
      :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        WHAT THE????

What is that green thing they are holding???
        It's for spanking. Makes you sweat more, plus it smells nice.
        CSPA

Comment

I admire the Eskimos
          CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
            my favorite foreign culture is the human culture
            So what species do you belong to?
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

A bunch of Birch twigs tied together. If you want to use them, you've gotta remember to pick them up from trees which are inside a forest, leaves from trees next to driving roads are going to pollute your skin more than purify.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                WHAT THE????

Its a bush from the field of beauty

apparently they dont know what its for so they gonna go cut some logs down in the forest and throw 'em into da fire
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Bhutan.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

That's a fake picture anyway cause they are wearing towels in the sauna. You must be naked. Thanks for the explanation Spiffor, you might be right I haven't travelled enough to get an informed opinion on it. But it's true though, I think it's the same way in Finland and Norway at least.
                    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

My vote goes to the UK.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Jamaica, mon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

If I had to pick one, American would be the one. More liberal than most European societies.

WTF??

European societies tend to be more liberal than American society!
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Depends upon what you mean by "liberal", MrFun. And I'm not talking semantics, it's just that there are things that are easier to do here than there, and vice versa.

Comment

I admire the French view of art and love, the passion and even the national pride they have. Not to mention the cuisine.

Quite similarly, I love the Italian unhurried way of life. The importance of happiness above rules or necessities. The tradition of art and glamour, the relaxed countryside, the food, the drink, pretty much everything. Except I'd probably find it too much after a while, but I definately admire their culture.

I love the Scandinavian mentality, although as Spiffor said, I'm not sure if that's strictly culture. I don't really know enough about far Eastern, African or South American culture, or even Eastern European culture to make a judgement.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Americans have a huge hangup with religion and public education in ways that Europeans don't AFAIK.

Plus, European societies seem to be more progressive when it comes to issues of sexuality than Americans.

I am sure there are other examples that do not immediately come to my mind at this moment.

x-post
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X