Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A different Iraq poll: How much is "completing the mission" worth to YOU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    I'm willing to lose a limb to see the USA in flames.
    the people who live here would like to disagree. Sorry, I ain't willing to give the #1 spot to China as long as it's still an undemocratic police state.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      I'm willing to lose a limb to see the USA in flames.
      Which head? I'll be there with a cleaver, but no guarantees on the pyrotechnics.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I really don't have a clue whats going over there. Except I hear just about every day or so something or somebody getting blown up or shot.

Some americans are saying they are making progress, some say they aren't.

Who do you believe?

Comment

There's no 'kill the other sad son of a ***** before he kills you' option.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

That's the basic job description, but since we don't have adequate security zones and we posture as an occupation force rather than a combat force, you're more likely to have the floor of your vehicle shoved up your ass than you are to be able to do much else.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I don't think Preperation-H is very good at handling vehicle floor in the ass problems.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Damn that sounds painful.

Comment

This poll is based on a single-minded premise. It takes no consideration for the implications of not completing the mission. Weather or not, this is a valid point to be contemplated is up to the individual. Further, The results of an "incomplete" mission are vastly debatable as well.

However, as the premise for this poll is questionable at best, it is not one I will vote in.

To explain a bit further...If "completing" the mission means that the likelyhood of having a terrorist incident that kills my son is greatly reduced vs. an "incomplete" mission meaning that he would mostlikely be killed by a terrorist, then you are damn right that I would die to prevent that. If "completing" the mission means that we just end up with a different dictator in Iraq and nothing really changes vs. an "incomplete" mission meaning we just end up with a different dictator in Iraq and nothing really changes then we should get the hell out now. Without a distinction on what the mission is and what can realistically be accomplished then this poll has no value.

Further, the debate on the mission and the possible results continues...with many varying opinions. "Opinions" being an operative word. This further adds to the invalidity of the poll.

Perhaps if a provisio were added to state.."If we could accomplish 'X' then would you be willing to...." That would be a valid polling.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hey, Michael, what's up? You haven't been around the forums seriously for ages, have you? welcome back.

To the point:

The question is completely hypothetical - there is no way a single person's actions could secure the "completion of the mission" - presumably a safe and 'democratic' iraq - by paying up with their limbs or lives.

but if I could ensure peace and freedom in Iraq by myself, I would take a bullet.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

but if I could ensure peace and freedom in Iraq by myself, I would take a bullet.

Take a bullet where?

Comment

That was 2 1/2 years ago.

The consequence of completing missions only seems to be more missions.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Take a bullet where?

In a place that kills.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Let's try to clarify that: you would be willing to die for a foreign country to achieve peace? Why?

Comment

Why not? It's a helluva better way to die than of a heart attack at 80. Most chances are that I will not be able to accomplish a deed of similar importance in my life otherwise.

And no, I am not some sort of hero. Ordinary people ( which are always the real heroes ) jumped on bullets and grenades to save a small bunch of people - and died in anonymity for centuries. Taking a bullet to save an entire country ( even in anonymity ) is a much easier choice.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                                Why not? It's a helluva better way to die than of a heart attack at 80.
                                No it isn't. Only the young overlook the value of having a long, full and happy life.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X