How should US exit Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seeker
    Phased withdrawal ending in 2010. Yes I think it will take that long.

And if by withdrawal you don't just mean troops but 'advisors' and spies and mercs? My date is an 'all potential targets withdrawn' date.

And it's over a long time period because, even though I disagreed with the illegal nature and disruptive nature of the initial invasion, it's kinda a 'you broke it you bought it' situation now where it would be even worse to just cut losses and run after giving so many assurances. So they should stay until the Iraqi military is credible, native, and legitimate (with 2010 as the cutoff date).

It sucks but more americans will die for Bushs mistake.
    I agree with this.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Eastwardly. Carry on the grand tour.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
        arm the kurds -> 3 state solution -> return home victorious.

Its the only way to un **** the country Dis, the mistake was made a long time ago to group these three cultures together.
        I actually think that's a good idea. I don't know why they are so strong at pushing for one state. It's not like the state has been around that long.

Comment

You could always withdraw into Iran?
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
            You could always withdraw into Iran?
            Dammit! That was my line!

... if not, they could go south, through Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              Dammit! That was my line!
              Actually, it was mine; two posts previously.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

How is not winning this poll
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hmm.. to answer the question, don't we sort of need to know what our supposed realisitc end game is supposed to be? Do we still envision a unified Iraq, you know, those sorts of rpessing policy questions that the imbeciles in charge seem never to have asked even themselves???

Realistically, a phased withdrawl, but ending by 2010 is far, FAR too long. Probably by 2008 would be much better. I can't see what extra process could actually be made.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Phased withdrawl with atleast 50% gone by the end of 2006. The rest by 2010.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The Commander in Iraq gave Rumsfeld a withdrawal plan last week. It included specific milestones and would start a phased withdrawal in 2006. Troops will hang around for the elections.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                      X