Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikini for School Uniform

School allows beachwear in hot classrooms

Pupils at a German school were allowed to strip down to beachwear after the heating system stuck on full power.

The piping hot radiators left classrooms sweltering in 30 degrees centigrade, even with all of the windows open.

So staff announced children could wear swimwear - including bikinis and swimming shorts - in class until the radiators could be fixed.

The Anne Frank primary school, in Linden, only recently had the expensive digital heating system installed and experts have been unable to identify the problem.

School headmaster Bruno Kraft said: "We have been having problems ever since they installed the new, fully digitalised heating control system."

Re: Bikini for School Uniform

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
    The Anne Frank primary school
    You perv!

Comment

who else expected pictures?

Comment

The picture originally on this thread was unrelated to the story, and er, disappeared in mysterious circumstances.
        It was fairly nice though.

Comment

I think Phil Hendrie reported on a similar incident in California, but the teacher there sprayed water on the pupils and had them do a fashion show.

Comment

Digital air conditioning/heating hardly ever works from what I've seen, usually due to poor placement of the thermostat. Invariably the area of the wall the thermostat is in happens to find itself next to an open window, the back of a refrigerator, or something else that really throws off the reading.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Has to be a Seimen's system.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                Digital air conditioning/heating hardly ever works from what I've seen, usually due to poor placement of the thermostat. Invariably the area of the wall the thermostat is in happens to find itself next to an open window, the back of a refrigerator, or something else that really throws off the reading.
                My uni's new science lab has that, and it works fine.

Comment

Wait, 30'C (86'F) is considered "sweltering" hot? These Germans today are made of less sterner stuff than their Nazi forefathers...

Panzers to pansies
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                    Wait, 30'C (86'F) is considered "sweltering" hot? These Germans today are made of less sterner stuff than their Nazi forefathers...

Panzers to pansies
                    This is Europe we're talking about, they have health alerts and people dying of heatstroke when it's only 90F, and complain when the high temp is below freezing for too many days a week. The mild weather from the Gulf stream has made them weather wusses.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                      Digital air conditioning/heating hardly ever works from what I've seen...
                      California wuss, you need proper Canadian equipment . It was something like -27 here the other day and my digital thermostat worked fine.

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs

California wuss, you need proper Canadian equipment . It was something like -27 here the other day and my digital thermostat worked fine.
                          This is what a Northern California air conditioner looks like:

Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            who else expected pictures?
                            It was a primary school. Pre-pubescents, in other words.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

oh . theremine then.

Comment

Working...
                              X