Toys when you where a kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun

The Lego sets you referred to -- such as the castle set.

If you have a good imagination, you don't need to have anything to do with sets! All you need are the buckets of plain Lego blocks -- not those whimpy sets.
    I ahd both

but I made games up

where a 2x4 block (THe standard block)

was a squad unit, and you coudl fit ones to gether to make a tank (it took four blocks)

and the different colors showed different skill levels of troops

and I used the big green bases to determine ranges and the like

and the were a lto of other units and effectss, I dont' remember them all

I was a creative kid, made up tons of games (The one above was one of the Tank War series, they got better and better until Tank War 5 (or 6?) which included sex.. then it just got confusing)

I also made up tactical games, and RPGs where the 1 blocks where the people, and you moved them arroiund and put on little circle one dots to denote weapons and armanent

then there were the great castle wars.. wher eI used medival people as the people, and you had castles and stuff, and the capes denoted magical powers (red was fireball, I think)

these also had certain rules, I think even included dice (crossbows fired a different distance then bows, which fired a different distance then guns (my borther had some pirate legos))

I also made an RPG with the medival lego set, I usually killed my brother off by having him chased by a mob... and then burned to death in hay which he hid in

I also had some adventure game I palyed with the space legos...

legos were great

JOn Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

ACTION FIGURES (Dolls)

G.I. Joes by the truckload were my staple toy as a child. I also had a sizeably set of random lego pieces. Star Wars toys filled in the gaps as the years progressed and hte G.I. Joes broke apart.

Every year around christmas there would aslo be some totally awesome movie or t.v. related set of figures that would provide some variety.

Mortal Kombat, Batman, Jurassic Park, WWF/WCW, Gargoyles and a few other random guys from figure sets.

Then there were the twelve inch G.I. Joes and Terminator toys which came with awesome weapons and sound effects. Those were about as cool as cool got. 12 G.I. Joes launching a massive Kung-Fu assault on a gigantic Terminator Skeleton four times their size could kill off an afternoon.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

nothing beat the 12" GI Joe action figures

who remebers the kung-fo grip

My best friend built his gallos to scale, the woulg hang his GI Joes for war crimes

I would take my Joe and grab my sisiters Barbie Airplane and skateboard down the street yelling "I am hijacking you to CUBA"

She still remembers
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
          nothing beat the 12" GI Joe action figures

who remebers the kung-fo grip

My best friend built his gallos to scale, the woulg hang his GI Joes for war crimes

I would take my Joe and grab my sisiters Barbie Airplane and skateboard down the street yelling "I am hijacking you to CUBA"

She still remembers
          My first GI Joe was given to me by my uncle when I was 3 years old in 1964. I loved it. I also got Lincoln Logs that year (and built all of the buildings on the round paper container they came in). Later I also got Tinker Toys and an Erector Set, but I always liked the Lincoln Logs best. Over the years I also had a lot of plastic Army Men, eventually graduating to Marx's Battlefield set and the tiny Airfix historical figures in profusion.

As I got older I used my paper route and baby sitting money to buy a hell of a lot of models. I built most of the WW2 era stuff from Monogram, but could never afford to buy those excellent Tamiya models.

Toy guns were also a favorite. From cheap water pistols and dart guns to cap guns resembling western 6 shooters or snub nose revolvers to the vaunted Johnny Eagle .45 and M1 Carbine set. Eventually I got a bb gun (age 12) and at age 14 a (real) shotgun. I spent most summers on my grandparents farm, and carried a .22 every day from the age of 13 while there. My cousins and I hunted and plinked all the time. Every available penny was marshalled to keep me in ammunition, though I did dabble a bit in bottle rockets and firecrackers around the 4th of July.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Jon Miller and his imagination
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I once build a maguette of a virtual city. One brick level equalled one story, so I could build high rise of 20-30 stories. The green squares were parks, the roads were flat grey bricks, residential buildings were red, offices were white, factories were yellow etc. Sim City in lego.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

cool, Colon
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I used to build boats out of my legos. Of course I had no boat kits. I had to use a flat square piece as the bottom. It's a good thing I had a good imagination. It's no wonder I joined the navy. I loved ships when I was a kid.

Comment

I loved Lego castles (and the various siege engines you could build), so it's no wonder I joined the crusades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                      I used to build boats out of my legos. Of course I had no boat kits. I had to use a flat square piece as the bottom. It's a good thing I had a good imagination. It's no wonder I joined the navy. I loved ships when I was a kid.
                      I did similiarly

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I made space ships... and now I'm a.... hmmm...
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• space 1999 were cool models

Knew a guy in the navy who built a .38 pistol model, painted the fake bullets tips copper, flat black body.

Scared the pi## out of someone,

We had a good laugh
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                            How could I forget the Evel Knievel Stunt Bike!

ACK!
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                              I used to build boats out of my legos.
                              I used to build Uncle Scrooge's money bin. It was hollow inside with a slot through which I would deposit my dad's poker chips. Then my toy soldiers (& cowboys) would defend it against theft by the Begal Boys.

Comment

• I used mainly bottle caps and legos as a kid. Not that we couldnt afford anything better but bottle caps are kinda cool in a way. I used to build competing cities or civilizations from them.

The beer caps and other metal caps would act as the streets of the city and the slightly taller plastic soft drink caps were the houses. I used shampoo bottles as futuristic skyscrapers and sparkling wine corcks as medium high rise and luxory tiles. Then I built cities according to different brands. Mostly I would have Coca-cola caps against the Pepsi caps. I used The Pepsi max/coke light caps for the soldiers or police, batteries were used for aerial bombing. I build pretty big and complex cities back in the days...damn it was cool.

Then I discovered civ and gradually stopped playing
                                Last edited by laurentius; November 22, 2005, 23:03.
                                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                                X