No announcement yet.

Toys when you where a kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pish-posh to your firecrackers. We once made a terrible device using 2L soft drink cans, tinfoil (lots), miriotic acid (4 2 gallon jugs), and a bicycle pump. Nothing like a huge cloud of mysterious caustic vapour creeping from the woods into the backyards of our enemies (err that was the plan, instead we were our own victims). For some reason, tinfoil and miriotic acid undergo this cool reaction which makes a mildly acidic vapour. The best results were from combining it with my Grade 8 science fair project (bottle rockets), giving my troops long-range support.

Also the usual bombs using M-80s, kerosene lamps, and the handy but time consuming Tennis Ball Bomb. I don't remember exactly how it was made but it involved an old tennis ball, and a full pack of those easy to start 'one strike' matches studded into the ball, forming a complete layer. For added Power, nasty/explosive/burnable liquids could be placed inside the Ball.

Many squirrels and rabbits learned to fear my name. ...Err scratch that last part to preserve illusions of normalcy.

Living in a very rural area, we were lucky enough to have whole abandoned structures to roam to, including the Old Barn and the Roofless Silo. No 'tree forts' needed when you have barns and silos with ladders, ropes, 'secret tunnels' etc. These would form command centres during a large scale nameless game involving all the boys of the surrounding area, which I will now give the descriptive name of 'Beating Each Other With Big Sticks'. Truly glorious bloody wars were fought in those woods, far from the eyes of meddling parents and the like. There were, in fact, rules for this seemingly chaotic expression of pre-pubescent masculine destructiveness, but these rules became increasingly arcane and complex, involving safe zones, 'time-outs', 'civilians', etc Winter of course forced a change to snowballs.

Much honour was won on those forgotten bloody fields of yesteryear (sniff).
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker

Many squirrels and rabbits learned to fear my name. ...Err scratch that last part to preserve illusions of normalcy.

Much honour was won on those forgotten bloody fields of yesteryear (sniff).

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

For added Power, nasty/explosive/burnable liquids could be placed inside the Ball.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Comment

Although my brother & I had plenty of GI Joes, Hot Wheels, Matchbox/Corgis, and the like, a lot of my toys were like this:
          Attached Files
          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

We once made a 1 1/2 inch cannon. That's what we fired at the cabin that was supposed to be empty.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Transformers were the best, of course.

Mask was neat, but not as cool, even though I got the huge Volcano set for Xmas one year. Dino Riders were great too, a T-Rex with a frikkin' laserbeam on his head? What more could you want?!

Comment

My brother had a lot of these ool toys that gramps mentioned the robot boxing and stuff God I feel old cause when the ninja turtles and other action figures were out belonged to my kids. I always love my brothers toys he had cool toys. WE only had the dam barbie doll ****. MOst fun toys we had was marbles regular old marbles and a foot ball. My brother did have this motorcycle where you pulled a string and let it go accross the kitchen floor.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

How could I forget the Evel Knievel Stunt Bike!

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: Re: Roger Staubach Monday Night Football

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                    Well you're not really all that old are you? When I was a kid we had to make do with the non-computerized versions that used an electromagnet to send vibrations through the metal playing field, propelling the player figures across the board.

You probably never had a Yancey Derringer pistol, a Johnnie Yuma sawed-off rifle eitheror a Bat Masterson cane either.
                    I had one of those.

The players had two thin metal "skates" and you could bend them a little to make them turn or go straight.

The QB / Kicker had a spring-loaded mechanical arm, and threw little felt "footballs".

I also had a bunch of hot wheels and tracks. We set up hot wheels Olympics, with different events- head to head races, long and high jumps, smash-ups, and max distance.

And lego. Lots of lego.
                    Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Does that box say "by Marx" on it?
                      No, that was the Soviet Lego box.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

There's probably a market for adult-sized kid's toys. Wouldn't you love an adult-sized Big Wheel or Hippity Hop?

Comment

Mostly Legos, Transformers, and Voltron toys
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

There's probably a market for kid-sized adult toys, as well.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

legos

micromachines

model trains, rockets, and just vanilla

matchbox type cars

erector set

hmm.. I am sure more, but Legos were very prominent and started when I was ~4 (And I am not refering to those huge lego blocks, I Am refering to normal ones) (~4 means as early as I can remember)

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

micromachines I had a ton, my mom gave to some kid with lukemia or some sheit... what a beitch
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X