Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes indeed - Steve Hansen accused BOD of diving. You would have thought an experienced coach would avoid saying something so stupid.

So I'll clear it up for you - BOD did not dive, he was clotheslined across the neck in a move worthy of Professional wrestling by one Troy Flavell. I seem to recall that name from somewhere.

In all seriousness swinging arms across the neck are very dangerous - and it is really starting to concern me that whenever their players are guilty of dangerous play the Kiwi camp starts accusing the victims of 'cheating' or 'acting'. It is a dangerous direction the ABs are moving in with that I feel.

Like that description of Latham Finbar. Of course the guy is still a welcher and certainly no gentleman – treats contracts like confetti. Plank on the other hand is a hero in Ulster after keeping his word (he won the clubs ‘personality of the season’ award would you believe?)

England's last outstanding international forwards were Messers J**** and B***.
    And there’s the problem – I am of course biased but for me Jonno is one of the very best forwards ever. And Backy age for age is a match for contemporaries such as McCaw (such a shame they met at the wrong end of Backs career last year – a decade age difference was just too much). They left a huge hole.

Chuter, Kay and even Jones are solid players – but not exceptional. Okay Chutes was by far the best hooker on the field Saturday – but what is that really saying?

Moody incidentally is an exceptional forward. A brilliant blindside. Turnip of course has only played him at openside. Lund is an exceptional prospect at openside – so he now has two caps at blindside. Just more examples of turnips towering intellect!

I still maintain that Deacon is capable of assuming Jonno’s mantle – he just needs game time (he is still only 25 – Jonno really hit his stride around 27).

My bet is that someone will tap him on the shoulder fairly soon and he will develop, um, family commitments that need attending to.
    Same old problem – this requires the RFU to admit a mistake (unlikely). Although it has been suggested to me that turnip has a huge golden parachute clause and that the RFU is fervently hoping he will go of his own accord so it is not triggered.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
      So I'll clear it up for you - BOD did not dive, he was clotheslined across the neck in a move worthy of Professional wrestling by one Troy Flavell. I seem to recall that name from somewhere.
      Ah well, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In all seriousness swinging arms across the neck are very dangerous - and it is really starting to concern me that whenever their players are guilty of dangerous play the Kiwi camp starts accusing the victims of 'cheating' or 'acting'. It is a dangerous direction the ABs are moving in with that I feel.
      I can't say I've noticed a trend in this regard. Swinging arms are penalized if spotted by a ref or touch judge.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
        penalized
        Pardon?

Plank on the other hand is a hero in Ulster after keeping his word (he won the clubs ‘personality of the season’ award would you believe?)
        God bless the boy. I'm sure he had a lot of fun. And was very effective.

There's absolutely no doubt J**** is one of the all-time greats. The trouble is, those kinds of blokes leave unfillable boots. Rugby, like everything else, is generational. All you can do is marshall the best you have the best way you can. Which is where England seems to be falling down.
        Last edited by finbar; June 20, 2006, 13:44.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• My Americanization continues apace!

Or is that Americanisation...

Comment

• " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Time for a new thread...

Comment

Working...
              X