No announcement yet.

Reporting live from the fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, no one comment or note of sympathy about the poor buggers whose homes just went up in smoke - great perspective guys...!
    Sheit happens.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

As if MOBIUS actually gives a **** either

Glad to hear that the Tuberskis are a-ok!

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
        Nice, not one comment or note of sympathy about the poor buggers whose homes just went up in smoke - great perspective guys...!
        Including your post.

Well, the ATF is here, firedepartments are still here, the building is still smoking.

I talked to the lady that lived where the fire started, she was, naturally pretty numb to the proceedings. 2 of the tenants in that building work at the same hospital that I do.

It smells awful outside, but the winds have died down quite a bit.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
          Including your post.
          Actually you'll find that my post is indeed a sympathetic comment...

I just found it interesting to note that after 30 posts of joking and commenting on being cold and tired, no one thought to sympathise with the fact that at least 18 households are without a home at the onset of winter and the christmas season...

Still, glad to hear you're safe and warm, I wouldn't want to imagine losing everything I had like that...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

A link to the video of the fire, we are to the right, the direction the smoke is going:

Fire!

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
              As if MOBIUS actually gives a **** either

Glad to hear that the Tuberskis are a-ok!

-Arrian
              Actually I do as it goes, which apparently is more than can be said for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                A link to the video of the fire, we are to the right, the direction the smoke is going:

Fire!

ACK!
                Cool, more 'entertainment' of people's misery for our voyeuristic delight...

Question: If your house had just gone up in smoke, would you mind us watching a video of it on the day it happened?

Comment

I just found it interesting to note that after 30 posts of joking and commenting on being cold and tired, no one thought to sympathise with the fact that at least 18 households are without a home at the onset of winter and the christmas season...

Still, glad to hear you're safe and warm, I wouldn't want to imagine losing everything I had like that...
                  The thing you don't seem to understand is that we were evacuated from our home because smoke and flames were reaching across the parking lot to our building.

I'n thankful that we were only cold and tired for one night, unlike the poor souls across the lot.

ACK!

Comment

Question: If your house had just gone up in smoke, would you mind us watching a video of it on the day it happened?
                    Answer: I wouldn't care, it wouldn't change the fact that my house had just gone up in smoke.

Don't watch it if you don't want to, however since you are against this kind of stuff please do us all a favor and don't post any pictures of your life.

ACK!

Comment

Oh **** off, if we lived in your fantasy world that news would only contain footage of Happy Family Picnics.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

News is meant to make us feel better by making the rest of the world look like crap.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

@ Japher.

MOBIUS, you're full of it. Absolutely chock full.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

To the Tubes:

Glad you guys made out okay.

===

Sidenote:

Apparently, a series of small fires were set on the UChicago campus yesterday.

===

Actually, it's not sympathetic at all, merely castigating other posters with nary a mention of how ****ed the others are.

Wait, am I reading this right? You're taking a person to task over his attempt to share his experiences regarding a disaster that struck close to home?

You sound less and less sympathetic, and more and more arrogant atop your shaky moral high horse.

To counter your shrill denunciations of the victim as well as the posters, I'm going to simply state that by your logic, we shouldn't have had any news reports about the 11 September attacks.

After all, if some of your nation's most recognizeable buildings had just gone up in smoke, would you mind us watching a video of it on the day it happened?

MOBIUS, Why do you hate America?
                            B♭3

Comment

MOBIUS, Why do you hate America?
                              Oh, Christ. Don't get him started.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Oh, Christ. Don't get him started.

-Arrian
                                He's already started.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X