No announcement yet.

Reporting live from the fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new update the fire has spread to 8 other unitsin that building and winds are getting stronger doesnt look like we are out of the woods yet.

18 of 24 units are now gone, the last six are getting hosed down.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

As long as you, Tuber and the cats are alright.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Those poor cats.

Comment

Our little Sammy would hiss from a distance at the fireplace whenever we had a fire going. It would take a lot of coaxing to get her to just sit with me, relax, and enjoy the warmth from the safety of the sofa nearby.

Comment

Let's hope for the best.

Did you evacuate all your photo albums, photo CDs or hard disks? That would be the things I would put highest on the list if I had less than 15 minutes to evacuate. And some artworks.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Mrs. Tubes was freaking a little so we just got her laptop and the cats out.

Oh, and the beer.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

We are finally back in the apartment. Cold and tired, but at least we have an apartment to go to.

Red Cross is on the scene, so time for sleep.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

"Oh, and the beer."

Goodnight and may the smoldering embers nearby grow cold and harmless into nothingness while you sleep.

Comment

Happy that it ended up fine for you.
                    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                      Perhaps you're unfamiliar with how fast a "small fire" can turn into a big one given decently strong winds? It's a seasonal problem here in the west and even right around Reno "small fires" can quickly turn into major headaches for fire teams trying to keep the flames away from the city.
                      Have a :mrfun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        Have a :mrfun:
                        Huh?

Comment

Think of the white chocolate.

Comment

Pictures.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Nice, not one comment or note of sympathy about the poor buggers whose homes just went up in smoke - great perspective guys...!
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Did MrFun get swept away by a tornado? I saw there were some in Iowa...
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X