X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanS
    AJ Hawk's dating Quinn's sister?
    Now THERE is your interesting story, although there's no real way for Quinn to come out on top. Either Hawk pummels Quinn in helping his team crush the Irish dreams of a BCS win and celebrates by nailing his vanquished foe's sister, or Quinn gets the better of Hawk on the field and Hawk consoles himself with some nice sympathy sex from the victor's sister.

Sorry, Dan, but I find this situation hilarious.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Anybody seen the gift packages the bowls are giving players this year? The cap has been increased to $500 per player, and it shows. A few of the highlights are Drake and Guy's boys each getting an Xbox 360 from the Alamo and several bowls handing out iPod Nanos, Playstation Pluses, camcorders and personal DVD players.

View the full list here.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Ahhh, student-athletes.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• It's the least they could do. The players are vastly underpaid anyway.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• And that is a complete and total load of utter bull****.

Comment

• Why?
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• A free college education? They are paid plenty.

Comment

• That's worse than minimum wage at most of these schools.

Comment

• So then why not pay high school players? Little Leaguers?

Jesus, what I would've done for a fraction of the amount college football players get paid when I was in school.

Comment

• People do many other things in school that take up more time than football. Example: newspaper or a good ROTC program.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• So then why not pay high school players? Little Leaguers?
                          Because they aren't adults and don't benefit their schools in the same manner as D-I football players do. D-I football is a revenue sport.

Comment

• And they are paid handsomely for it. Free tuition, room & board, travel, books, tutors...

Comment

• Add it up! It isn't handsome in any sense that I'm aware.

Comment

• Out-of-state student at U-M? That's easily well over $50,000 a year. Which, incidientally, is considerably more money than I make currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X