Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

26th Top 500 Supercomputer List revealed (Nov 2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    To be fair, it only blows up spectacularly about 20% of the time.
    To be fair, Challanger's blow-up was the most spectacular blow-up ever. The pink clouds
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

dp
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In all seriousness, what's that "Not Specified" about?
        Classified; not public information.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's a further shame that you are incapable of distinguishing between the 4th most reliable modern launch system and the 32nd.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            The trends are what are most amazing.
            At first I was stunned that Intel had experienced a 30% drop. Then I saw that the first graph conflated the Intel chips but didn't conflate the IBM chips, and that the second graph conflated the IBM chips but didn't conflate the Intel chips. Still, 10% is a pretty big shift.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Ariane 4 would have been a better choice. The ranking would have been effectively tied.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

those graphs and charts are useless.

What I want to know is how fast they can run Civ4 on a huge terran world.

Comment

Originally posted by germanos

To be fair, Challanger's blow-up was the most spectacular blow-up ever. The pink clouds
                  True, but the that was in 1987 and only two have blown up in the nearly 30 years they've been opporating the shuttle. A much better success rate then that French junk you folks use.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    those graphs and charts are useless.

What I want to know is how fast they can run Civ4 on a huge terran world.
                    Civ4 is so poorly optimized that they might not be able to run it.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Looks like MIT Physics grad students & researchers get to play with their own BlueGene computer: http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2005/computer-1109.html

Comment

Working...
                      X